• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where is your helmet?

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I mentioned to a coworker of mine that I had finally picked up my helmet from the store...the scorpion exo-900. He asked where was it? I said its in the bike. He mumbled something about taking a look at it during his break, so I told him i'll go with him to the parking lot.

We get to the bike and he's puzzled to not be seeing the helmet until I pop the lid on the front storage. The look on his face was priceless!!! Then we got to talking about the fuel tank...

I will say that I would have gotten a different helmet if that exo-900 didn't fit in the bike!

Where do you keep your helmet?

Guess I'm too trusting. Mine is either on my head or sitting next to the front wheel if I'm in a restaurant or something. Been doing that since '97 and have never had a problem

Mine is in the tank a HJC multitreck. On my Sunday ride today out to the Everglades. We stopped at our favorite watering hole and I parked my bike next to some euro's. And they were all staring at the bike, but when I popped the tank open And dropped my lid in their mouths dropped to the deck! This bike is great!

Last edited:
If I take the NC to work, its inside the shop, on the shelf in the employee break room. When I'm not at work, I just put it on the ground, next to my bike.
My lid won't fit into the "tank" storage.

Yep! In the not tank it goes! When I put my HJC IS-MAX in the not tank I open the visor and drop my GPS and other tidbits in the helmet.
It does get a lot of attention when I pull out the helmet.

The last 2 rides I had with my NCX, I tried and successfully stored my XL Shark Fullface into the false tank.
I put every other kitchen sink items into the rear topcase.

I tell you, it feels wonderful to walk around without any round 1500g thing.
I am beginning to love the tank-box more and more...
:p

Next time I will put in the Multitec...it fitted the last time I tried.
:D

I hang mine from one of the rear reflectors next to the license plate. I have been carrying some tire repair tools full time in the not-a-tank storage that prevents placing my helmet in there.

Heyy, if you've got the tools, I should probably be riding with you ;-)) Having the option to fix-n-go means I won't be stranded someplace. Food for thought... Thanks dduelin

Last edited:
Well, not tire removal tools but tire plugging tools. Several times a gummy worm combined with a 12 volt air pump got me home. I carry a small kit all the time.

Since I travel with a rain suit, spray bottle and micro fiber cloth in the storage compartment, the helmet hangs on the cable from the tool kit on the hook under the passenger seat.

Yep! In the not tank it goes! When I put my HJC IS-MAX in the not tank I open the visor and drop my GPS and other tidbits in the helmet.
It does get a lot of attention when I pull out the helmet.

I do the exact same thing, but I usually forget about the garage door opener and it goes flying when I pull out the helmet.

I just joined, so this is a late reply. I also store my lid in the front storage, but you all should be aware that the tank access under the pillion has a bracket to hook your helmet D-ring and becomes secure when you latch the seat.

I've always carried my helmet with me wherever I go. Even if the odds were a million to one, and I was the only one in the history of a motorcycle helmet being stolen in Canada, it sure would suck if it was me! Since I couldn't ride home without a helmet, thanks, but no, I'm not going to chance it.

Also, I'm not made of money. Helmets are expensive, and I would be very hard pressed financially, to waste money on another new helmet if mine was stolen.

It rains here, a *lot*. I don't like coming out to a cold, possibly wet inside helmet to ride away with. Not to mention when it freezes outside, jeez that would be brutal to have to put on a frozen lid, ugh! hahaha.

My large HJC helmet fits in the NCX cubby just fine, so I very well may use it for that occasionally, but to be honest, carrying a helmet is a good conversation starter, and makes me personally feel a little bit less goofy when walking around, wearning Sidi ADV dirt boots, Aerostich AD-1's, a motorcycle jacket, but no helmet. lol

Back