• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

where is the air filter

I’ll believe that when I see it.

In fact, I’d rather the dealer didn’t even touch the new bike, for fear they’d mess it up. Just give it to me in the crate.

its a requirement from Honda. If your dealer does it or not, I don't know. I know mine does because I had to wait on it to be done as they were getting ready to wheel it out the door.
And yes I'd rather they didn't mess with it as they boogered up several screws during the process.

The dealer is supposed to check the air filter before the bike leaves when new. This is a requirement from Honda. I was told this is something they have to do on all the 'adventure' bikes.
I dunno about this requirement. Working in a Honda dealership I've seen Africa Twins being PDI'd and several CRF250Ls and 250L Rally models and there is no requirement to check the air filter. The PDI Pre Delivery Inspection is mostly attached to items done when assembling the bikes from the crate, (front wheels, mirrors, windshields, etc., the battery, then fluids, then electrical devices followed by a functional test of the bike with a short ride. The air filter is installed at the factory.

its a requirement from Honda. If your dealer does it or not, I don't know. I know mine does because I had to wait on it to be done as they were getting ready to wheel it out the door.
And yes I'd rather they didn't mess with it as they boogered up several screws during the process.

I had mine come back with some of the expensive Honda fasteners missing.

I dunno about this requirement. Working in a Honda dealership I've seen Africa Twins being PDI'd and several CRF250Ls and 250L Rally models and there is no requirement to check the air filter. The PDI Pre Delivery Inspection is mostly attached to items done when assembling the bikes from the crate, (front wheels, mirrors, windshields, etc., the battery, then fluids, then electrical devices followed by a functional test of the bike with a short ride. The air filter is installed at the factory.

I'm just going on what the dealer told me. I've know these guys for several decades, so not sure why they would lie to me. Plus I had to wait another 20 minutes so they could do the check when they were super busy. According to him, yes the filter is installed at the factory, but they have to verify that it is properly installed and seated in all "adventure" models. Perhaps this is something new? I'm not sure.

I'm just going on what the dealer told me. I've know these guys for several decades, so not sure why they would lie to me. Plus I had to wait another 20 minutes so they could do the check when they were super busy. According to him, yes the filter is installed at the factory, but they have to verify that it is properly installed and seated in all "adventure" models. Perhaps this is something new? I'm not sure.
Yes, perhaps a recent development or particular service bulletin they are following.

I'm not doubting you were told this, but it sounds fishy to me.

I looked but couldn't find a delivery checklist for an NC700X. My belief is that Honda is smarter than this. To have a factory in Japan build a bike, and then ask a delivering dealer to doublecheck that work, in an area as difficult to reach as the NC's air filter, just doesn't sound like an efficient, smart process for manufacturing and product delivery. They may as well ask the dealer to check the torque on every fastener, pull the forks and check fork oil level, strip the body work and inspect all frame welds, disassemble the swingarm/shock linkage and inspect needle bearing lubrication, etc.

Besides, I've changed the air filter myself and I don't see how it could or would easily be improperly installed.

Last but not least, the NC is an adventure "styled" street bike and wouldn't likely have any more demand on it's air filter than any other street bike.

Last edited:
Back