• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What was your ride before you discovered/converted to the NC700

2004 Kawasaki KLR650. Sold it after I injured my thumb.
80/20 ride for me. Off road was mostly forest service roads and a few ORV parks.
Did some mild single track and was surprised that it was able to handle it at a slow pace.
Most fun I've had on a bike since my RD400. Ring ding ding ding.
Want the NC700X for commuting, country road touring and the occasional dirt or gravel road.

02 Yamaha Vstar 1100 custom: still have
05 Honda VTX 1300: turned into trike and gave it to my father
Wanted a better long distance bike than the yamaha, liked the looks, convenience, and MPG of the NC.

1. Kymco X-citing 500
2. Fuel consumption (Kymco was drinking 8-9l/100km)
3. protection from the elements

2004 Kawasaki KLR650. Sold it after I injured my thumb.
80/20 ride for me. Off road was mostly forest service roads and a few ORV parks.
Did some mild single track and was surprised that it was able to handle it at a slow pace.
Most fun I've had on a bike since my RD400. Ring ding ding ding.
Want the NC700X for commuting, country road touring and the occasional dirt or gravel road.

Huffy is your bike! That's too funny Bubba!!!

In order of appearance:

wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-picture2130-bikes.jpg

80's something Honda Twinstar - no gear comments please, I was young and dumb :)
83 GL1100 Goldwing Interstate - Big jump from the Twinstar
86 Suzuki RM250
87 Suzuki DR200
04 Suzuki RM250
04 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Level 1 Base
05 Suzuki DRZ400SM
07 Honda CBR1000RR - Oh my, scary fast, but crazy fun. Owned for 3 years and no tickets!
09 Suzuki DRZ400SM
12 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Level 3
12 Honda NC700X

WGW

Waaw. R u sure u didn't leave out anyone? Which one did u like most, i.e. love ??

Waaw. R u sure u didn't leave out anyone? Which one did u like most, i.e. love ??

Haha, that's all of them. Not sure I could pick just one. Different tools for different jobs. Touring - the wing, jumping and flat out getting stupid on - the RM, commuting - the NC, crazy twisties - the DRZ, acceleration - the CBR.

Probably the one that delivers the widest range of emotions is the RM250. The best thing about riding off road is that you can push it just as fast and hard as your brain and body will allow without fear of getting "busted" by the popo. An adrenaline rush that scratches the itch and helps me keep things sane and responsible on the streets. Besides, the others just can't compair to the flight characteristics of the RM.

It is a rush!

WGW

Last edited:
1. '05 cbr f4i don juan (it won't let me post a pic)
2. at 1st the look, then the seating/comfort
3. i miss the flickablitiy
can't complain too much about it, i did ride it to Canada and back. :)
diff bike for diff stage in my life thats all.

1 - Piaggio MP3 400
2 - I liked the NC's styling and flexibility (which I think go hand in hand on this bike)
3 - from the MP3, I don't miss much. It wa a good way to get into motorcycling for me, but that's it. The NC bests it on all accounts.

(((80's something Honda Twinstar - no gear comments please, I was young and dumb)))
oh nothing chang then eh
1poke.gif

The commonest previous bike appears to be the CBR250RA...maybe Honda should give us a special discount for this upgrade!

image.jpg

1. My NC is my new commute bike replacing my trusty 2002 BMW650GS which I used everyday for a few years clocking up 40,000 miles.
2. MPG
3. Nothing really. I never get emotionally attached to my commute bikes!

I've had a few, not as many as Rocker though but my favourite has to be the yam/Fazer600 bought this new in 2003.

dsc00634fs.jpg

dsc00633x.jpg

here is a couple more of my bikes.....
thundercat 600
38420717.jpg

vt500 good bike.
64287179.jpg

my current bike....

dsc01160m.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was a 2011 Ducati 848 EVO , having had my license suspended twice in a year it's time i had something a little less speed focused.

Yamaha YB100
Honda MTX200R
Kawasaki KH250
Suzuki GSX550EF
Honda Hornet 600
Honda XR400R
Honda Transalp 600
Honda VFR800i
Suzuki Bandit 600S
Kawasaki ZR-7
Honda FMX650
Suzuki V-strom 650
Honda NC700S

..... must ... stop .. changing my bikes so often!!

I always liked the Thunder Cat. I actually preferred it to the Thunder Ace

I rode a mate's thunderace didn't like it at all Rocker.
after riding upright most of my biking life I found it strange riding the cat but soon got use to it.
I've riden an R1 and Blade and a gixer didn't like them either.
the gixer was torcher on my wrist unless I was doing a ton.
out of the three the blade was better but way to fast! for me.

Back