• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

what tyre pressure for conti tck 80?

W

wildeone

Hi,
wonder what pressure those who use tck80 put on?
Same as normal tyres? 36/42 psi?

Just got them on and not sure if can be use the same
as I guess 40psi is the max for this tyres.

thanks

kind of a related question - The TKC80 doesn't come in the recommended rear tire for the NCX. What size do you guys put on the NCX? 150/70 B 17?

BTW, the new TKC70 looks pretty good.
Continental Motorcycle Tyres*-TKC 70

Continental TKC80 Tires
Front Tire - 120/70-17 Retail $174.95 Vdr Part # 02000230000
Rear Tire - 150/70-17 Retail $253.95 Vdr Part # 02471420000

Raw Hyde recommends 25 PSI in the dirt.

Maybe this will help some. I took this course on my NC7 from these two instructors.

[video=youtube;Re2A9UJzSBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re2A9UJzSBw[/video]

Last edited:
I've never been all obsessive compulsive about my tire pressures; mostly I try to keep in the ball park of 36-40 in a rear tire and 32-38 for a front, depending on circumstances.

I'll run a wee bit higher if I'm loaded up with gear and going to be doing a lot of straight highway droning, or a bit on the lower side if I'm going to be just riding around town and it's cold and rainy out, etc.

For general conditions off pavement, I go down to about 30 each, and for really slow muddy or sand or loose gravel, I'll go down to about what OCR lists, 25-26 psi. But! I will be very careful at those numbers, and air back up as soon as conditions warrant. It's a fine line of control and feel for traction, versus getting a rim bent or popping the sidewall.

Also you lose ground clearance when airing down, so there is that to consider and take into account as well.

I'm on my second front TKC,I get around 12,000 miles out of them and keep them around 33psi on the pavement,and around 23psi offroad.
b2edc85016e6a939144d4eaa8592db7d.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I hate tube tire flats though!

Maybe if someone came out with tubeless spoke type rims to fit, but I can only laugh at how outrageously expensive that would be! :eek:

I've seen a few different attempts at making ordinary tube type rims airtight, but they're always sketchy at best, and I would never really trust them, not having the inner safety bead anyway.

I hate tube tire flats though!

Maybe if someone came out with tubeless spoke type rims to fit, but I can only laugh at how outrageously expensive that would be! :eek:

I've seen a few different attempts at making ordinary tube type rims airtight, but they're always sketchy at best, and I would never really trust them, not having the inner safety bead anyway.

They already did, look at the v-strom XT and some bmw bikes. Tubeless with spokes.

Back