• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 NC750X ABS - hazard light issue

josephlanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I am sure that my bike originally had hazards that stayed on with the ingition off (2016 Honda 750x ABS model I've seen online that this feature might have been retired in newer bikes?) but when I've had to use them recently (For a tyre blowout at the side of a main road!) I could only keep them on by keeping the dash lit up - considering I wasn't sure how long I was going to be waiting at the roadside for recovery this wasn't ideal. My hazards work fine with the ignition on and all indicators work as expected. Would this tend to indicate a fault with the relay or the wiring of the bike? - I ask as the replacement relay is nearly £80 (in anything like reasonable delivery times anyway) and I don't want to shell out to find it's not the fault if I can help it. The only thing that has changed electrically in recent (ish) times was a garage rejoining the ignition wiring after the connector that joins the ignition into the main wiring harness failed but as far as I can tell all they did was put a connector inline with this wiring - nothing else appears to have changed.

Thanks for your advice in advance

Has your bike had it’s signal bulbs changed to LEDs, and had an aftermarket LED compatible flasher installed? I found that the LED compatible flashers I tried on my 2012 NC700X all negated the key-off hazard light feature.

...I am sure that my bike originally had hazards that stayed on with the ingition off (2016 Honda 750x ABS mode...
In my 2015 CTX700 US version, the hazard lights can only be turned on after the ignition is turned on. But you can then turn off the ignition and even take out the keys and the hazard lights will still work. This is described in the owner's manual.
Capture.JPG

Cheers for both your replies. @lootzyan - glad I wasn't going mad thinking it was meant to work like that. Took a punt in the end as my local stockist only had 1 relay still in stock when I rang them - turns up the relay was just playing up - although none of the tests I did seemed to show the relay as being faulty.

...glad I wasn't going mad thinking it was meant to work like that. ...
From what I understand, it seems logical to me that no joker can turn on hazard lights without the ignition key when a motorcycle is parked on the street.

Back