• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Ground points

josephlanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, first time posting here but been riding a nc750x for a number of years. This is the first mechnical issue that has stumped me with this bike!

My bike has suddenly died, no electrical power (dash, fuel pump etc all off) - isolated the fault to a ground fault (the battery is new and all charging correctly from the rectifier - when it all turns on!)

On the wiring diagram, the main ground points are shown between Junction G and the recifier (and seem to link between all the items that don't start). I'm aware these are schematic diagrams, has anyone had to find them before and know where they actually are on the bike - trying to save me taking all the panels off if I can help it at all! If there is already a post with this info in, please direct me to it (I'm fairly sure I've searched correctly for it and found nothing but I could have missed something)

Edit: totally forgot to say, its the 2016 nc750x abs (uk market/registered)

Cheers

Last edited:
Posting the model year of your motorcycle and the country you live in might yield more accurate responses.

If you have a multimeter, the first thing to do is to check the battery's negative connection to ground.
The negative battery lead is connected to the starter motor housing - as in this picture:

Capture.JPG

If you need to locate a particular ground cable or terminal, Section 1 of the Service Manual is very useful.

ground 1.JPG

ground 2.JPG

Apologies for the late reply to your post lootzyan but thanks for posting that. It helped eliminate a lot of possible faults that could have been causing the total power failure on the bike. As it transpired, it was a heavily corroded connector between the igition switch and the rest of the bike (the one next to the left hand switch gear connector under the left front cowling) - it(the connector and the cable) practically fell apart when we got it off the bike!

Such extensive corrosion damage to the electrical connector is probably rare even for Weston? Did someone pour a bucket of seawater over your motorcycle every morning? It's hard to imagine. I'll try to attach a wiring diagram for a non-US NC750XD, probably 2016.

NC750XD.jpg

Attachments

• NC750 wiring one page.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 9
Back