• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is the worst bike you have ever owned

My worst bike was the KTM Freeride 350 as it was way too nervous after an "update" the kind folks at the dealership didn't want to change it back to beginner settings so i sold it and went for a Honda CRF250L.

My worst bike is the Track T-800cdi, dutch motorcycle using a Mercedes Smart Diesel engine OM660, combined with a CV-tech c.v.t. and BMW rear end.
I've had that since 2011 and it hasn't run well for more than 500km of the 20.000km on it. Decided to do all the work on it myself since the producer couldn't tell me what parts were changed on it after a service (and notably different). And had no idea what to do with the engine controls, yet kept fiddling with it without keeping track of anything.

allstate_150.jpg A frat bro left me without transportation in Chicago, summer 66, and I pick this up for $150.00 .... well not this one but same model. Was definitely not a chick magnetic and a fellow worker I rode to O'Hare made me ride ***** on his 305 Dream rather than let me ride with him on this.... was a smoker and pathetic running. Before going back to school I got a new Suzuki 150, two stroke also, with oil injection and I was in motorcycle heaven, well after the the Allstate 150 it sure seemed like it was. I may have hated the Allstate but it was my first bike and I have to thank it for getting me started in one of the most beloved activities I still love. The Allstate was red and ugly but it was two wheels and transportation to and from my ride to work. Sure makes riding even the worse ride since a positive experience.

BSA 650 single, way back in the days when Lucas the Prince of Darkness was busy bringing the British motorcycle industry to its knees. Broken more days than it ran. Sold it inside 3 months, bought a Triumph, named it Defeat, sold it inside six weeks, and have not been back to British since.

If I had to pick one, I'd say the '82 YZ100 I had when I was a kid. It was my first full-size dirt bike and 2-stroke, so the learning curve was a bit steeper than the little thumper Hondas I had, but that wasn't why it was so bad. Finding parts for it was damn near impossible (in 2002). A couple months after getting it some internal shifting mechanism broke off and left me stuck in 1st gear. Had to get creative with the JB weld as part of the case got wrecked also. We eventually got it running again, but by that time most of the riding season had passed. Ended up selling it that winter. Kind of wish I kept it for one more season, when it hit the power it felt like a cruise missile.

yz100.jpg

the 70s and older bikes are not in the same category as todays bikes. The VN900 is todays bikes but it handles like crap. It is, by far, the worst bike, I've had and I've been riding for 40 years.

I have had so many great bikes,

But i would have to say it was my second bike, a Honda ct90 when i was about 12 or 14 years old i hated that bike, no power at all, and it looked to me, at the time like a girls bike, I did not have it long, sold it and bought a honda CL350 scrambler twin, i really liked that bike after coming off of a CT90.

My worst was a 1980 Harley Sportster. It would shake dental fillings loose and the 4 spd trannie was a clunker, missing gears and grinding. In all fairness it was a dreaded AMF product.

For me, it's a toss-up.
Either the 1982 500cc Shadow That was given to me free by my part time boss because my car blew up and his Mom wanted it out of the barn. Or the 2012 Ducati Multistrada I stupidly got talked into trading my almost trouble free 696 Monster for....
The Shadow didn't run, but I got it free and got it running with junkyard parts. It took me couple of weeks, and only lasted a couple of months till it died again, and was traded for a 70's CX-500. I enjoyed getting it to run again, got my learners permit and thrashed/dropped it several times too! GOOD TIMES! :)
The Multistrada cost too much to think about, was bought because my wife wanted a better seat, and was supposed to be a smoother ride that could go anywhere. Well, it wasn't any of things and had a warranty repair, recall, or maintenance needed every month or more for the 16 months I owned I, and my wife couldn't mount it due to design of the kickstand being attached to the motor, and she needed to stand on a peg....yadayadayada...
HMMMM... THE 2012 Ducati Multistrada! WORST BIKE I EVER OWNED! :D

Back