• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What helmets fit in the trunk?

mrsteve

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an older Schuberth that I like a lot, but does not fit in the trunk.

I'm thinking about my next helmet and would like one that can take advantage of the trunk.

What helmet, in what size, do you have and does it fit in the trunk? I'm most interested in full face, but go ahead and post others in case others are interested.

(Not commenting on if wearing other a full face helmet is a good idea :cool:)

Steve

my (medium) Shoei Qwest fits, but only just. My (also medium) HJC IS-33 fits a bit better.

I guess fitting a helmet into the trunk is a selling point for the bike, but I keep a lot of 'stuff' in the trunk anyway, so rather than juggle things around, i just use a little combination ski lock with a retractable cable to lock my helmet to the pillion grab rails.

My medium Qwest fits with my Sena SMH-5 attached... I just have to put the helmet in at a slight angle.

I have a medium Aria Profile (longer shaped than most helments due to my "long oval" head). It does fit. However, Aria no longer makes the profile model, having replaced it with the Signet-Q for the same head shape. So I can only assume a medium Aria Signet-q would fit.

My Aria RXQ in size large fits. BUT! it is not a sloppy fit. The lid closes without any additional pressure. It's pretty close though. The helmet is the only thing I can fit into the frunk. Although, I can fit my gloves and small items into the helmet itself. I notice a little clicking sound when I close the lid while the helmet is in there. I'm not sure if the lid gasket is brushing the vent control or what. I'll ad to this review with an answer to that tomorrow when I can observe during daylight.

THIS HELMET fits even at 3X large!

I've had enough of carrying my helmet all over...I'm getting this one as my "around town" helmet. It's DOT approved has good reviews...and fits in the frunk, and my 2XL head. Thanks StratTuner ;-) Plus I had $30 Revzilla cash burning a hole in my virtual wallet!

Last edited:
Back