• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What day did you?

I saw it at the 2011 Motorcycle Show up here, and immediately lusted after the cargo trunk. Stuff like that is a weird personal fetish for me, *shrug* who knows why. I have always attempted to modify my bikes to be able to carry stuff, if I at all could. Maybe it's because I've always been a motorcycle only person for the majority of my life, avoiding anything to do with more than two wheels, like the plague. If I can remove the bike's airbox, slap on some K&N filterchargers, and use the space formerly occupied by said airbox for carrying a rainsuit, or a few litres of oil, or my supper, whatever, that's me.

In addition to being severely disgruntled with my whole BMW experience, another stick in my craw was that I could barely carry so much as a pair of gloves in my F800ST. Sure, I could carry a lot with a top case and/or the saddlebags on, but without them, nothing. And I didn't always want to lug out and install the luggage to just go to the store for a bag of potato chips and a soda.

Where I have to park, is in a super restrictive place, where I can't fit in or out with any luggage in place. I have to remove and re-install anything twice, coming or going out of the spot, and lug the stuff up and down stairs. It really sucks having to back the bike up in the pouring rain, at night, and not fall over, scratch the landlord's car or knock myself silly ducking under the low deck I have to scrunch below.

I have to remove the NCX's windscreen, and both mirrors to squeeze in and out of this spot. If I back up level, it's ok, but if I tilt too far left or right, the ends of the handlebars stick up and whack into the exposed floor joists, stopping me dead, or crushing my fingers. (ask me how I know this lol)

Anyway, I blather on. Buying the NCX was set in motion pretty much the instant I saw it at the Bike Show, the only thing preventing me from chaining myself to the dealer's front door to get the first one to be uncrated, was that my BMW loan and all associated bike problem grief was really depressing me, and I didn't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed by financial hideousness. (and there was quite a bit of that lol, but I wanted to get rid of the F800 so bad, I didn't care what price I paid in the end)

September 22nd (my birthday) I was sitting in the Honda dealer's chair, committing to get the 700X. (waves at bamamate, heh heh) Ended up taking me until Sep. 29th to finally get it, but woohoo! :D

Last edited:
Back