• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What day did you?

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put a deposit sight unseen on my NC700X and waited weeks for the day Honda released the bikes for sale in the USA. I bought one of the first two in town on July 25th, 2012.

I know they were selling for a while before that in Europe and the UK. What date did you own a NC700X?

Sept. 6th traded my GSX-R for the first NC on the showroom floor and the first NC sold at my dealer, so far still the only NC sold there. They ordered more but they aren't moving them. I could sell them, you have to understand the bike and be able to explain why someone would want it!

Cutter, where did you go for yours? South County Honda sold a few already when I'd inquired and actually brought mine in from Orlando so I wouldn't have to wait.

My Story:

I first saw a DCT NC700X in person July 5, 2012. The Honda demo truck brought one to the Wing Ding in Ft. Wayne, IN. I was allowed to sit on it, but couldn't start it or ride it. (I was so excited, I apparently didn't notice how bad the seat was :D) Supposedly the demo ride staff there couldn't ride it either since they claimed it was the only one in the USA at the time.

In Texas on a business trip, I test rode a DCT for 25 miles on July 21, the day after they got the first one in at DFW Honda. DFW Honda was selling about one per day. Back home I test rode another DCT 25 miles in Decatur, IL, the day after they got it in. I then bought a manual NC700X with zero miles on it at Charleston, IL on July 28. It was the first one that dealer got. I took it home July 30. It has 2500 miles on it now.

In the course of shopping around for the best deal, I had talked to by phone or visited about 25 different Honda dealers.

I have yet to see another one out riding in my neck of the woods.

Greg

Last edited:
I had been looking at a 75 Moto Guzzi, former police bike. The deal fell through. I went to the dealer to arrange for new tires for my Goldwing. While there I saw the bike I had very recently read about in Rider magazine. A week later on October 9th I rode it off the lot. I think mine was the second one sold in Huntington Beach. Haven't seen another on the road yet, but I know there are some around.

Craig

Cutter, where did you go for yours? South County Honda sold a few already when I'd inquired and actually brought mine in from Orlando so I wouldn't have to wait.

Fort Myers, I wanted a large dealer because I figured if I couldn't work out a deal on the NC, they had about 30 or so used bikes and I had already picked out my 2nd to 5th choices....just in case, I live by the old Navy motto "Semper Gumby"...."Allways Flexible".

Paid for mine on 7/26 (day the dealer got it) and picked it up on the 7/27. They had 2 come in on the 26th (other one is still there)

8/24/2012 8 days after my 50th birthday. My wife was all excited about getting me something real special for my birthday. She worked up to the big day for months. I imagined all sorts of cool guy stuff. M-1 Abrams, Bell Jet Ranger, Tommy Gun, etc......
I got a 4 day trip to San Francisco. It was great but she could see that was not I had in mind..........................Shortly after that we went to lunch/beer and I threw out the NC700X curve ball. She said "Go get it". That is that.

My dealer has gotten 5 so far......the first four sold within a week or so of hitting the showroom but the 5th one has been there into the second week.

Short version...
04 May 2012 (deposit), 11 Aug 2012 (pickup)

Long-er version...
I did my reading and research around the web, drooled a bit more on the Honda Powersports site, then visited a couple of dealers, but they had none in stock. On May 4th, 2012 enroute to picking up some folks, I visited dealer #3 and inquired of the NC700. I was told they expected to have something in store by July/August. The 32" seat height was a concern, so they suggested I sit on the CBR1000RR cause it was 'close'. Seemed reasonable enough, so then I left a $100 refundable deposit to secure my interest. The wait seemed interminable, but in the interim, I did a second pass at the BRC after many years of languishing with my "M" endorsement and not having ridden.

Around 11am on Aug 10th, the dealer calls to inform me that the bike is here, and that they're uncrating it. After I hang up with them, I start working the phones with the insurance company and the bank. Everything was set for picking up the bike the next day. A biker buddy and I drive north for the pickup, 110mi one way of which 100 is on the interstate. We arrive just after 0900am with check in hand and a borrowed helmet ('cause I wanted to wait until after I got the bike before buying a helmet that would fit in the frunk (having previously read that not all helmets make the cut, ahem, will fit)).

Having read the Owners Manual several times in PDF (from online download), I knew how to set the clock and fiddle with other things. So there wasn't much left for the dealer to teach me. I rode it straight out of the parking lot onto a 4-lane boulevard, made a U-turn several hundred feet later. A couple of mile later with some stopping and going (thankyou traffic lights), it was time to hop onto the interstate. With my buddy leading the way in his jeep, I did the cloverleaf, and off we went. It sure was a day to remember, and I haven't looked back since, except to check for traffic before changing lanes :cool:

Last edited:
Fort Myers, I wanted a large dealer because I figured if I couldn't work out a deal on the NC, they had about 30 or so used bikes and I had already picked out my 2nd to 5th choices....just in case, I live by the old Navy motto "Semper Gumby"...."Allways Flexible".

Seabee Motto

Can Do!

With willing hearts and skillful hands; the difficult we "Can Do" the impossible just takes a little bit longer. With compassion for others we build, we fight, for peace with freedom."

I think I saw the demo bike on 1 April (no joke).
I got her On The Road 4.4.11. Nice number yeah?

EDIT: Sorry can't be 1 April, Must be 30th March or 31 March, coz they don't work sundays.
:p

It's weird how some dealers can't seem to keep up and some can't seem to move them. That is, of course, if the dealers are being honest about their sales. I guess it's a little silly to take them at their word when they're talking about anything that could influence a potential buyer's decision.

Picked mine up this week. I've been admiring them since I saw the first magazine teaser about them somewhere between, what, 9 & 12 months ago? I called the dealer (the one I eventually bought from) much earlier this year to inquire about them, and at that point they knew about what I had read, and that's all. Said they didn't expect them until summer. I called back a couple months later, and they were estimating August-ish.

I was in there one day in the latter part of the summer (summer here starts about April-May, and ends about October ;) ) looking for a couple things for Bumblebee (that was my CBR's name), and I saw not one but two NCXs on the showroom floor! Now, I don't actually know this because I didn't look at the s/n on that bike, but it wouldn't surprise me if that first one I saw is the one I now own! If it isn't, it surely is configured as close to identically as I can tell.

I know they'd had at least a few people looking at them already, since when I threw a leg over and was pleased, they said I was the first person who _hadn't_ said the bike/seat was too tall. I think it's just about right. In fact, I wouldn't complain if it was even an inch taller. I wasn't in a position to buy right then, but I surely wanted to.

The NCX just looked like the perfect bike for me. Outstanding fuel economy (I'm cheap, the fact that I just bought a new bike notwithstanding! ;) ), outstanding utility _built in_ rather than merely add-able, very good ground clearance and good suspension travel for Forest Service roads or whatever non-pavement activity I decide I'd like to try that day, greater comfort than a sport bike (meaning less lean and knees much less bent), feels like a super-low center of gravity for a good 'lightweight' feel, a good/attractive price point, the (hopefully!) the bullet-proof Honda durability and high build quality that Bumblebee gave me, and I even like the styling. Absolutely perfect for me and my 'do-anything,' even if that's mostly commuting, wants/needs.

Fast forward to last week. I was heading out of town for work, I'd had my bike listed for a little while and the probability of a sale looked pretty good. I went in to the dealer I like and they either still had that bike, or had another just like it. I told them where I stood on my CBR and asked what they'd need from me to lock it down if my bike sold while I was away. They said all I needed to do was call them and tell them I wanted it. We finalized what the out-the-door price would be, and I left on my trip.

I came back to some cash instead of Bumblebee, had a pang of grief over her being gone, and set the purchase wheels in motion. I'd checked with other dealers before, and they never had any. Always claimed that they'd had one or two on the floor, but that none of them lasted more than a day or two. One dealer claimed to have 2 in crates, but they were an off-putting outfit. Anyway, I'm very happy with my purchase, and especially happy with my dealer. If it's true that my bike had been sitting on their floor for some weeks or even months, I can't explain it. I just know I'm glad it was still there. :)

EDIT: Wow! Sorry for such a long post!

Last edited:
Went to local dealer on 14/7 contemplating a Transalp. They didn't have any. Sat on NC, arranged a test ride for 20/7 following which I ordered one. Got it on 27/7/12......great fun. The dealer reckons they had shifted a couple that week....yet to see any.

My dealer told me about the NCX back when I bought my Goldwing in January. He showed me a picture of it online. It certainly peaked my interest even though I wasn't really in the market. I kind of forgot all about it. In September, I did a little cleaning and needed to dispose of 12 used motorcycle tires (I change my own tires). I took them up to my dealer and he had a NCX sitting on the show room. I gave it a good look and sat on it. I did a little reseach and wound up taking delivery 6 days later.

WGW

Back