• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What are your top 3 reasons for buying / wanting to buy the NC700 X or S?

Whilst it is obviously true about the cost of repair in the event of something going wrong I can only say in the all the miles I did on my VFR 1200 DCT it never caused me any problems regarding shifting at inappropiate times. The only issue I had was that in "D" mode it changed up earlier than I would have liked. using "S" mode cured this. using the paddles to change manually in the twisties was great and soon became a natural thing to do

It is a Dual Clutch...meaning it is almost seamless.

I would not base my purchase choice from 1 mechanic's opinion.
Sorry.

I was leaning toward the manual clutch anyway. I appreciate his advice and recommendation. Thanks Seabee Bob!

150049_1689658211900_6222966_n.jpg
Wait I recognize something, those are sea grapes! Your in Florida! :D

Yes they are, very good! That picture was taken at Melbourne Beach, FL early morning. Sherry, took one look at my Honda VTX1800C while working the local Flea Market and she just had to ride it! ;)

Last edited:
Regarding the DCT version it was interesting to hear that a top mechanic from florida advised to stay away from the DCT. I went for a manual nc700s version not because of the safety factor but I like to be involved with the ride and connect with the bike and I personally think you have more fun going up and down the gears a little bit. I'm not sure if there is the option to flick between the two? If so then you have the best of both worlds.

Regarding the DCT version it was interesting to hear that a top mechanic from florida advised to stay away from the DCT. I went for a manual nc700s version not because of the safety factor but I like to be involved with the ride and connect with the bike and I personally think you have more fun going up and down the gears a little bit. I'm not sure if there is the option to flick between the two? If so then you have the best of both worlds.

Yes there is an option for switching between manual mode and two different auto modes (differeing shift points). No clutch lever or foot operated gear shift though. You shift using two "paddles" on the left handlebar set up for access by your thumb and forefinger.

I want a bike without a clutch. I have owned and ridden 6 motorcycles over 11 years and am licensed and MSF trained . I have no problem operating a clutch and shifter, Im just sick of it. I like the spec of the NC700x and may even get it with a manual. My Versys was awesome but was too aggresive for me. Im also considering a Harley Fat Bob and Vstrom650. I dont ride fast so anything will work. If you want sporty at least ride a Versys, you may love it.

I don't own a NC700 yet but I plan to pull the trigger next week. I've had a hell of a time deciding between an NC and a Wee Strom. I am replacing my Ulysses and the Strom is a more adventure orientated machine. But in the end the price, the economy and the fact that it's a Honda won me over. As for the off road ability (or lack thereof) of an NC700X, I did a tremendous amount of off roading when I was a kid on just plain standards with a set of knobbies on them. With decent tires the NC should be good for light off road use (very light).

I don't own a NC700 yet but I plan to pull the trigger next week. I've had a hell of a time deciding between an NC and a Wee Strom. I am replacing my Ulysses and the Strom is a more adventure orientated machine. But in the end the price, the economy and the fact that it's a Honda won me over. As for the off road ability (or lack thereof) of an NC700X, I did a tremendous amount of off roading when I was a kid on just plain standards with a set of knobbies on them. With decent tires the NC should be good for light off road use (very light).

Glad to see you here!
I agree that tires will help. When a bash plate comes available, it will be on my short list. I have already scraped a few times.

Jarhead.. welcome to the Honda Family.

Hi Jarhead
welcome.
I am not sure if NCX can go offroad , real offroad, but surely the Wee Strom also CANNOT go really offroad. A real off road bike is more like this: DDBD5852-5056-B800-871D2BD4D33E1875.jpg

Back