• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What are your top 3 reasons for buying / wanting to buy the NC700 X or S?

I've had plenty of off-road bikes, that's not what I'm looking for. Gravel roads, forest service roads and trails will be about the extent of my off road travels something that's out of the realm of my Electra Glide. My twelve hundred sportster will work but lacks suspension travel and clearance. The Ulysses wasn't much of an off road bike either. I think the NC700X with a couple of mods will be about as good as the ULY and better than the sportster. I doubt it will be as good off road as the wee strom but it should do for my needs.

Was tired of my DL1000, so heavy, poor mpg, it was 6 years old..
Price was spot on, I love my Dealer
Finally some desent fuel mileage

I wanted a new bike to replace my buzzy (but otherwise great Kawi Versys.) Being a Honda was a +!
1) Sensible for single-up light touring (high gas mileage, luggage options, stability, low vibration at cruise speeds, upright seating position.)
2) Great Handling, fun to ride
(low COG, quick steering, decent rubber, good brakes)
3) Easy to buy and own (low base price, low maintenance costs, high build quality, reliability)

wow, almost the same reasons except I had a klr650. I almost bought a versys, but found it real buzzy and way more powerful than what I felt was safe.

then after looking a bit for new ones, I ran across an abs video on you-toob, it made a serious impression, so I wanted it, and then I decided to go back to what I was raised on which was honda. For some reason I had confused the nc with the nt in my mind a while back, but as I was reading, I started getting excited.
An automatic motorcycle with abs for safety? and supposedly 60-65 mpgs? I test rode it the next day and purchased the day after that. I took a big loss on the klr, but I like the bonuses of the nc700.

I will say that I have never had a "hard" shift from the automatic shifting yet, it seems always smooth, but then again, I am not an aggressive driver. I have never had my bike in "manual" mode yet, and they stated in the manual that in manual mode, you have to shift it up and down, but if you don't shift down it will automatically shift down for you if you brake and slow down, it will just not shift back up.

I want a bike without a clutch. I have owned and ridden 6 motorcycles over 11 years and am licensed and MSF trained . I have no problem operating a clutch and shifter, Im just sick of it. I like the spec of the NC700x and may even get it with a manual. My Versys was awesome but was too aggresive for me. Im also considering a Harley Fat Bob and Vstrom650. I dont ride fast so anything will work. If you want sporty at least ride a Versys, you may love it.

I will say to you, that the automatic is sweet in my opinion, I no longer want to shift now even when I find myself grabbing for the clutch while coming to a stop or just tootling along. I love my automatic in my auto's and now I get it on my bike also. The left foot feels bored but hey, it is certainly growing on me.

and for those who have versys, all I can say is wow, them little suckers are just rockets.... even tho I felt they were buzzy at all speeds, wow and the raw power in such a small package, I leave that to the young folks who have the reflexes i no longer have.

p.s. pulled up to a stop light and a car was beside me, and you know, I almost could not tell if my bike was running or not.

phipun

1. I'm new to biking so I wanted something that was easy to ride, the low COG helps.

2. The fuel economy.

3. It's a Honda (I was advised by experienced bikers that Honda engines are bullet proof.

So far I'm very pleased with my first ever bike.

Back