• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tyres from the future!

Neat concepts! Thanks for the post. I hope they also continue to improve wear longevity in the future.

Lot of moving parts in a tire. Curious? Won't be cheap then again I'm used to buy tires at $400 each.

Still, according to Back to the Future, hover cars should be just around the corner. It is almost 2015. Damnit, I want my jetpack.

It would appear all development it hover-car technology has gone by the wayside then.......disappointing.
Maybe I missed it but at least one of those tires didn't appear to have any spokes and hovered instead... I'm pretty sure hover tires are the first step towards hover cats.

My parents were next door neighbors when they were young. I had an uncle who was interested in being a chemical scientist inventor. As a 9 year old, he blew the family homestead off its foundation while playing with a little chemistry under the house. After he got back from WW2, he went back to college and received a doctorate in chemistry. After college he went to work for a major chemical company. While experimenting at work as a chemist he invented this special rubber product. So in 1962, about this same time, I asked him for a little help with my high school science project. My uncle gave a small piece of this new rubber he had just invented and a almost complete outline to produce this rubber product.

You would not believe the problems this little science project caused. My uncle got fired, I and the high school got legally served to return that little piece of rubber. You see that little sample of rubber could produce a tire that would out live the life of two autos. The tire manufactures ended up paying an unbelievable amount to make sure that this product never saw the market place. Sometimes being the best it can be, will destroy some industries.

The company who fired my uncle tried their best to hire my uncle back, but that was not to be. After that day the entire chemical industry made my uncle a very wealthy man, doing what he loved to do all his life, playing with chemicals.

After I got out college, I asked my uncle what he thought I should do. He gave me the best advise I was ever given in my entire life. He told me to do what I love doing for all my life. So from that day forward I did what I loved - RIDING!

Back