• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trip Odometer will NOT reset

Ha ha,been here before,pushed the wrong side a few times,I'm about ready to mark it somehow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I *think* I'm unlikely to flub it up again, although I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I wouldn't have done it in the first place, and then promptly did...:rolleyes:

I like marotajo's GAS mnemonic. ;)

But ya Zigs, maybe a nice discreet or tastefully done small label, vertically oriented to the left of the B button wouldn't hurt my feelings, haha:eek:

reset.jpg

Until I got the NC, every vehicle that I had ever owned with a reset button on the instrument panel had it located close to the trip meter. After 50 years of using the button closest to the trip readout it's really hard to break the habit, so I automatically want to push the left button. The good news is that I've found a fix that has worked so well that it's been over a year since I confused the buttons.
These days my fill up routine it to fuel up the bike, start it up, and remind myself to push the WRONG button. That way I always seem to use the correct one. :)

Bob

L.b.s that would be a good idea.or even a white dot sticker on the button.but dosent it go on the A side ? (Jk)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I guess I'm the oddball. The button nearest to the trip meters cycles through the 2 trip meters and odometer. That makes perfect sense to me. If you want to act upon the selection (reset), you push the other button. Works every time for me. I don't even think about it.

Reset is on the Right side! Think of the letter "R".

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Back