• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trip Odometer will NOT reset

What's an odometer and where is it located?
What is the "Odo" that it measures????

LOL... ;) :D :D

No worries, I've done much worse than that.... :)

Last edited:
And.....I feel like an idiot. Thanks for confirming this for me. I guess it got cold, I didn't ride for 2 weeks and I forgot. At least I didn't ride backwards. I SO WISH I COULD DELETE THIS POST! :rolleyes:

Your not alone on this one tromba. I did the same thing too.

Even after reading this thread.... I had that Twilight Zone experience today where (I thought) I couldn't reset the tripometers NO matter what I tried.

Came home, read this thread again, and ....reset the tripometers easily and on the first try!.

Mental block sometimes.... Just couldn't get over it.

I just had to reference this today. Ha! I parked for about five minutes to figure it out.

My excuse is that I'm less than 300 miles in though...

Only the second time I fueled up, I'm not sure if I can trust the gauge yet...

We shall see.

I just had to reference this today. Ha! I parked for about five minutes to figure it out.

My excuse is that I'm less than 300 miles in though...

Only the second time I fueled up, I'm not sure if I can trust the gauge yet...

We shall see.

I wouldn't trust it if I were you. Me, I don't trust it and never will again.

What if I like pushing heavy things to gas stations?...(that's sarcasim btw, for those who might not be aware)

Maybe I'll just fuel up at 150ish for now...

I have to honestly admit that I had a head scratcher moment the other day when I filled up. It had been a few weeks (infrequent rides and awesome gas mileage are to blame) since my last fill up and I hit the wrong button first. It wouldn't reset. I couldn't for the life of me remember the correct button and kept second guessing myself. After reading this thread again (I went looking for it before it got bumped because I remembered the weird quirk) I got it reset right away. The logic behind the lockout if you don't use the correct button right away is pretty odd. It doesn't play well to dyslexics.

I still maintain that Tromba didn't make an embarrassing goof, rather Tromba stumbled upon a very odd design oddity on the NCX. This thread will probably help out a lot of members in days to come.

OR: This was the cleverest April Fool's post this board has seen so far.

And....I'm back! Yes, the original "poster" of this thread couldn't figure it out AGAIN. LUCKILY, this thread was easy to find on my iPhone.

You should have waited a couple weeks and done it on your one year thread anniversary. LOL. Thanks for the comment. Good one. Thought maybe you were pulling an April Fools joke last time.

I miss having a dedicated button that reset the mechanical trip odometer. Same thing on the clock. I get tired of pulling out the owner's manual to figure out which button combination resets stuff on the different vehicles. And now on cars with the info centers it takes forever to find the dang volume control.

I ended up downloading the owners manual online and printing out the section on setting clock/resetting odo and placing it in the frunk. For some reason the NC700 method is not intuitive for me?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have to use mental aids such as "Reset is Right" -- both begin with "R". So next time I need to Reset, it's the Right button.

Which Button???

Hey All,

I am a "Newbie" to this bike, not to riding though. This got me too. I thought it was the "Left" button also. My ST1300 has a single button for the "Trip" and is used to "Reset" it too. I do not feel so embarrassed now... :eek:

Being an Engineer, that defies all logic to use the "B" button as they call it for the "RESET"...

Bruce B.
Sun Valley, CA
2013 NC700XD (DCT)
2004 ST1300
1975 CB360T

Ok, my turn to be a dummy. Could have sworn it was the left button I had been pushing. Glad I found this thread before taking it to the shop and really looking like and idiot in front of live people.

Ok, my turn to be a dummy. Could have sworn it was the left button I had been pushing. Glad I found this thread before taking it to the shop and really looking like and idiot in front of live people.

It makes you want to slap yourself upside the head. How many times have you reset the odometer and all of a sudden you can't remember how. LOL.

Ha ha,been here before,pushed the wrong side a few times,I'm about ready to mark it somehow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back