• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trip "A" data reset itself!!! I guess I got a bad one!

dmerc

Reaction score
Visit site
Did a 134 mile loop and was toggling through the trip A data and all of a sudden it said I had only gone 89 miles and had only used .8 gallons of gas. So I have to say there is a definite problem. Maybe you can't toggle through the saved data while you are rolling? No way did I hit the reset button. I called my dealer and he said he,d call the district rep. Hope I can get it fixed. On the bright side I used 1.616 gallons of gas on this trip and that calculates to 82.9 MPG That is traveling at speeds under 60 MPH and mostly between 50 and 55MPG.

I've pretty much given up on the info displays except for the actual <fuel bars>

So far ;-)

That doesn't give me much hope but I'll wait and see what the rep says. I like the bike a lot but when I payed good money for a new bike I want things to work as advertised. I wonder if anyone has compiled a list of those who have had this problem?

Mine hasn't reset itself in quite a while. I did notice the other day if I have the instant or average fuel usage displayed and I reset it, trip A will reset.

Forgot to mention that I talked to my dealer about the issue. He phoned Honda Canada and the person he talked to knew of the problem personally, he rides the new NC750X and said Honda is working on a solution.

Last edited:
I have been having same problem with my 2014 700X. It was fine for first month or so, then reset once or twice when I had got to the low fuel flashing stuff, but now the trip meters seem to reset whenever I turn off the bike. Sometimes one, sometimes both. I basically just used them as a gauge to how far I had rode that day, so now I have just been using the GPS when I get home to combine the days tracks and check distance and where I went.
Have mentioned it to the service people at dealers but dont think they have done anything, guess I should call Honda direct and tell them, and I can complain about the junk Dunlop Trailmax tires at the same time.

Has anybody checked the CB500 forums? That family of bikes has a dash that looks the same, and has the same features. I doubt if it is the same part number but it may use the same software and suffer from the same issues.

This winter when I was trying to decide between the 500 and 700 I spent a lot of time reading up on problems on both bikes, and I don't recall hearing of a reset issue. The only negative things I remember about the 500 was the average fuel consumption display was overly optimistic, and a very time consuming/expensive valve adjustment at 600 miles.

I have been having same problem with my 2014 700X. It was fine for first month or so, then reset once or twice when I had got to the low fuel flashing stuff, but now the trip meters seem to reset whenever I turn off the bike. Sometimes one, sometimes both. I basically just used them as a gauge to how far I had rode that day, so now I have just been using the GPS when I get home to combine the days tracks and check distance and where I went.
Have mentioned it to the service people at dealers but dont think they have done anything, guess I should call Honda direct and tell them, and I can complain about the junk Dunlop Trailmax tires at the same time.

Ahhh, something to look forward to. Still not a deal breaker for me. It took me over a year to decide that the bike I have now (PC800) will never work for me.

Wow, same thing happened to me today, I know I went on a ~150 mile ride on the last fillup, riding this morning trying to get the break-in miles done and notice only 88 miles on the the trip meter.
At least this means there is one thing that I'm not seeing because I'm going crazy. :p

These are exactly the same symptoms as mine. The thing just resets the Trip "A" data randomly. Sometimes it just goes back to a lower number, sometimes it resets to zero. Hope Honda is paying attention to these forums.
This kind of problem will spell big trouble for them if they don't fix it.

I don't think so. At best it's an inconvenience.

An inconcenience on a brand new bike with a warranty? I disagree. It should work. There is such a thing called the lemon law here in the US. The manufacturers must honor their warranties or you can get a new bike or money back. Yeh, I could live without the feature but I just shelled out 9,000 bucks to have a new bike. I want it fixed! And I'm sure Honda will get the job done. No major manufacturer can afford this kind of bad publicity these days.

I have a 2012 and it trip A reset itself this weekend. I reset trip B to see how far it was going home. When I got home, I wanted to see how far the whole trip was and it was AMAZING, I had gone less on the whole trip than it took to get home!

An inconcenience on a brand new bike with a warranty? I disagree. It should work. There is such a thing called the lemon law here in the US. The manufacturers must honor their warranties or you can get a new bike or money back. Yeh, I could live without the feature but I just shelled out 9,000 bucks to have a new bike. I want it fixed! And I'm sure Honda will get the job done. No major manufacturer can afford this kind of bad publicity these days.

Well it's obvious the little things bother you. Relax, I'm sure Honda will work it out. I knew of this small issue when I bought the bike and accepted it because it's such a great bike. I even new of the Dunlop's prematurely wearing out and accepted that. I've been discussing these issues with my Honda dealer and I'm sure there will be a solution. I actually worked for Honda at their Alliston ON assembly plant and was amazed and the level of quality and concern over the autos we assembled.

Back