• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Touring screen on Mad Stad V-Strom brackets

captdirt

Reaction score
Visit site
Cloudy and rainy today so I decided to try to adapt the V-Strom Mad Stad brackets I kept when I sold the Strom.
I'm basically happy with the touring screen, but anything can be better by messing with it, right?
After a little trimming and tinkering and a couple of new holes it works. Main thing was re-bending the pieces to have the angle to match the curve of the windshield.

I didn't change anything on the bike or screen so I can go back if I don't like it.

About 3" up and down adjustment the same forward and back.

I don't want to infringe on any patents or anything so I will just post some pics of the bracket on the bike and the adjustments possible. Changes are pretty easy to see. I know the bolts don't match, but they were all I had. I'll match them up later.
downback.jpgdownforward.jpgupback.jpgupforward.jpg

One from front and the bare brackets. Will post findings after I ride it tomorrow.

bare2.jpgonbike.jpg

Great idea ....

That is one great thing about the MadStad adjustable brackets .... once you get them mounted to the bike you can mount up just about any windscreen (within reason) to them ...

I'm betting it works great for you ... keep us posted ...

Cloudy and rainy today so I decided to try to adapt the V-Strom Mad Stad brackets I kept when I sold the Strom.
I'm basically happy with the touring screen, but anything can be better by messing with it, right?
After a little trimming and tinkering and a couple of new holes it works. Main thing was re-bending the pieces to have the angle to match the curve of the windshield.

I didn't change anything on the bike or screen so I can go back if I don't like it.

About 3" up and down adjustment the same forward and back.

I don't want to infringe on any patents or anything so I will just post some pics of the bracket on the bike and the adjustments possible. Changes are pretty easy to see. I know the bolts don't match, but they were all I had. I'll match them up later.
View attachment 4446
One from front and the bare brackets. Will post findings after I ride it tomorrow.

View attachment 4450

Played around today with adjustments and it works pretty good. It was windy today with one of those winds that never seems to come from the same direction. No matter which way I was going it seemed, I was going into a head wind or cross wind. I'll mess with it some more and keep the board posted.

Back