• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top case / side cases with passenger?

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at luggage options, but I need something to work with a passenger. I don't want the standard Honda Luggage and instead am more than likely going with the TRAX alu-box cases and top box.

Does anyone know how they affect passenger comfort? I'd imagine the top box is fine, but it's the side cases im concerned with. If need be I'll go OEM side cases to ensure he wife's legs can fit....

Thanks!

I was considering Hepco & Becker until I saw an NC with a set mounted. My impression was that the side cases were high enough to make arm rests for a passenger....or keep my fat self from getting my leg over the seat.

The Trax aluboxes are pretty much dead level with the passenger seat height and easy to swing a leg over when mounting, but I've learned from peeps measurements here, of all the different types of saddlebags available, that the Trax (even my smaller 37 litre ones) are a little more sticky outy width-wise than most, it seems.

I have clacked the back of my legs on the leading edge/corner of the Trax boxes when flailing around trying not to dump the bike in mud and deep sand, and when attempting to utilise the passenger pegs on longer highway jaunts, my heels tend to thump into the boxes a few times before my foot settles in the right spot on the pegs.***

This is not a condemnation of the Trax, just some of my less than scientific observations.

*** this probably wouldn't be a problem for a girl type passenger, unless she wears size 12 motoX boots

Last edited:
If passenger comfort is important, I don't think you can go wrong with the OEM cases. The front is recessed to allow the passenger nice access to the foot pegs. You lose some storage capacity because of this so you need to weigh the priorities.

Back