• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Box Carrier Without Passenger Seat

gjohn

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys-
I want the option to mount a hard box or anything I can strap to the back of the bike. I eliminated the fender because I thought it detracted from the lines of the motorcycle. I don't want to add the Honda factory hardware, as this sticks out past the end of the bike and doesn't look right once you remove the fender.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount the factory rear carrier on top of the passenger seat? I think it can be done with some 90 degree pieces of aluminum.IMG_0159[1].jpg

That sounds like a fun project. I like doing stuff like that. I am going to go look at my bike and if I get any good/useful ideas I will let you know.

If you used the 90 degree aluminum, I suppose you could drill and tap the grab rails for the attachment to the bike, but I don't know how much that would weaken the rails. I can't think of any other places that would work for attachment. Have you thought about how high the rack would have to be mounted to allow enough clearance to open the pillion for fueling?

Bob

I have this magical project in my head that removes the rear seat, grafts a prototype seat cowl and rear rack into some perfect looking contraption. This will allow you to use the passenger seat mounting bracket and latch assy. and still get to your gas cap. A lot of aluminum and fiberglass, not to mention time later, I think you could have what you want. Your right maybe some 90 degree aluminum is the best bet. :D

That would be a lot easier than having to disengage the mounting bracket during my weekly fuel up. After I change the oil today, I'll disassemble the passenger seat and see if I can come up with something similar.

Back