• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tool kit.

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my '12 used.
I have no idea what is suppose to be in the tool kit.
Can someone point me in the right direction as to what the bike is suppose to come with?
I know I'll add some goodies later but first need the basics.
ps. I did the search and got lots of, "I added this and thats" but nothing about what comes stock.
Thanks

I think a screw driver and a helmet lock is all came with. Literally nothing.

OK then... I've got a starting point. -0- Nowhere to go but up. :)
The Oxford Underseat Tool Kit that Twisted Throttle offers looks pretty good.
But after reading one of the threads about JIS screwdrivers tips, can anyone tell me whether or not the tool kit from Twisted are JIS or not?

edit:
I received this msg. from TT:
Hello Richard,
They are just SAE at that price point.
If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.
Cheers,
David

Last edited:
What tools you will need for the most part can be bought at any Wal-mart, and all will fit into your frunk. Also, 17MM Allen wrench from Sears or Parts store.

With just a few tools thrown into a zip lock 1 gallon bag, you are now ready to travel the world with less than $150 in tools in your frunk.

Walmart27mm.jpg

walmartadaptors.jpg

walmartallen.jpg

WalmartSlimePump.jpg

WalmartSockets.jpg

walmartwrenches.jpg

WalmartPliers.jpg

Walmartscrew.jpg

WalmartFlat.jpg

CraftsmanAllen.jpg

Last edited:
I got alot more stuff with my bike. I don't have it all in my head but it was 5-6 tools. No helmetlock though.

The U.S. only got a screwdriver, helmet lock and fuse puller. That is it.

You can purchase the individual Honda tools that come as part of the tool kits that other countries get like in LBS's picture....though I prefer to assemble my own kit using better quality tools.

Different laws govern the different countries and the states as to the required tools.

I hadn't thought about that in any specific way or detail, but you very well may be on the money, as I do believe for example France requires spare bulbs for every light to be carried, reflective stripes on helmets, etc. (What I've heard, anyway)

I think we are better off when we use our common sense. I always wind up with many tools I don't need but always that ONE I do need (where the heck is OCR and his 17mm hex?) .
Actually the 17mm is one I do recommend, also.

Did you look under the rear seat? There is a place to hook the cable to under the rear seat, it might be there, that's where I left mine.

Nope, i looked there already. Maybe the previous owner lost it or something.

There are tools in the OEM kits that sometimes work better, or will work where there is no aftermarket tool for the application, though. Not all of them are a complete waste of time.

My CBR125R won't fit a normal tool due to how narrow the diameter of the plug tunnel is, regular spark plug sockets are too thick walled to fit in.

I have "work on the bike at home" tools, "touring on the highway in civilization" tools, "off pavement out in the boonies" tools, and "putter around in the city" tools :eek: :rolleyes:

For puttering around in the city, the OEM ones suit me just fine actually, with a few additions/subtractions here and there. I don't want to schlep around with a Snap-On truck's worth of fix it tools 24/7, so I add or subtract the amount and type of ones I carry, depending.

Different laws govern the different countries and the states as to the required tools.

;)

The only law involved with the US tool kit.........is the law of economics........more content means higher price. Leave out the cheesy tools and the price is lower. When the NC was introduced in the US it was all about the price point ........and still is.

There are tools in the OEM kits that sometimes work better, or will work where there is no aftermarket tool for the application, though. Not all of them are a complete waste of time.

My CBR125R won't fit a normal tool due to how narrow the diameter of the plug tunnel is, regular spark plug sockets are too thick walled to fit in.

I have "work on the bike at home" tools, "touring on the highway in civilization" tools, "off pavement out in the boonies" tools, and "putter around in the city" tools :eek: :rolleyes:

For puttering around in the city, the OEM ones suit me just fine actually, with a few additions/subtractions here and there. I don't want to schlep around with a Snap-On truck's worth of fix it tools 24/7, so I add or subtract the amount and type of ones I carry, depending.

My much abused, by a previous owner, 1995 PC800 actually had the complete tool kit sitting under a pile of rotten leaves in one side of the huge trunk when I bought it. The kit contained the absolutely essential jointed spark plug socket. You had to have that particular tool to get the four plugs out, especially the the front two IIRC.

Back