• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

US OEM "tool kit" =4 pieces, wot's this?

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for parts today (call me crazy, but I try to bundle easily loseable stuff like those little plastic push rivets into oil change orders because I figure it's going to be a lot better to have those ahead of time than to lose them and rattle around for a week before an order comes in)...

I saw "tool kit" as a spare part, and what was there was a lot more than what I got with the bike.
1695562521518.png
IIRC, I got the vinyl bag, a fuse puller, a small screwdriver, a small M5 hex wrench, and the helmet lock cable... Is this tool kit like a mandatory EU thing?

It's not that I can't put together something similar, just feels odd they choose to save $10 per bike on the few they ship to the US by not sending that stuff.

Reactions: MZ5
Believe it or not, the stock US tool kit for the NC was a lot bigger than the one that came with my new 2006 ST 1300 sport tourer which was a 5 mm allen wrench and a piece of foam.

They want you to take it to the dealer. Maybe it's also because UK riders seem to ride more for commuting than pleasure, may tend to need a quick fix, or just don't have a big ol' garage full of tools like us 'muricans.

Then there is what came with my Ural. Room to spare for pliers, vice grips, channel locks, a small hammer...
i-HF2mV8g-M.jpg

When I bought my 2023, I made the dealer put a full tool kit in it. It was a deal breaker. ;)

I have never used a stock tool kit to fix anything on any of my bikes, so it hasn't bothered me that Honda basically quit putting tool kits in them.

Price points are price points, and profit is profit. I got the full kit from my dealer, too. The screwdriver is unbelievably weak and junky, but the end wrenches and other things are very compact (meaning, they hurt your hand if you push on them very hard).
(-;

Yeah, the box-end wrenches look pretty good for a mobile kit. The rest, meh. I'd rather they tossed in a couple spare plastic rivets for the inevitable loss or breakage there.

Back