• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TIme to say "goodbye" politely! ... to motorcycling....

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For a l-o-n-g while.

After a 30 year run, 20 years without even owning somehting with 4 wheels. It's time to take a long, maybe permanent hiatus.
The last couple days, I've kept trying to think of something postive to say or add to on the forum, but I've just run out. of humor it seems, and good spirits. I'm sorry to the forum members and you TCRIDER for possibly misinterperating posts. There's no excuse on my part for ill manners.
I've really known I've been done with motorcycling since late June, early July, but tried to keep my spirits up. But, when all I can think of is: Who's going to aim at me, or run me off the road every time I suit up, and fire the bike up, that's not good. Often I've found myself shaking even holding the bars. Besides, some old injuries have been acting up, and I've known the clock's been ticking for awhile. Not Good. Well, if it's past parting on a good note, at least I'm quitting motorcycling, before it fires, or quits on me....
So thanks for all the advice you all have given, and I hope for the most part, I've not been too much of a pill.??
My next vehicle is probably going to be a Dodge Dart, hopefully with a manual transmission. I'm lost without a clutch.
Take care everyone! THe NCX really was/is a good bike! Mine was just let down by the local shop/dealer. That got me down too.
BYE!..and thanks again!
FFC

sorry to see you go. the world is made up of several different personalities, if we all got along life would be
pretty damned boring.
saying "good bye" doesnt' necessarily mean you can't stop by from time to time just to stir things up a bit.:p:cool:
stay safe, and don't forget us...

I was in and out of motorcycling during the last 45 years. It's an activity you can return to again if it calls to you.

I enjoyed meeting you last October at the Third Annual Florida NC700X Ride to Eat. Perhaps out paths will cross again...take care.

Take care and strive to enjoy life whatever you choose to undertake. I hope I can leave the sport gracefully when it is my time as my father did. It doesn't look like I am going to get to ride as long as he did though. As new health challenges crop up, I think I am nearing that point too soon.

Live all the days of your life. - Lee

It was nice meeting you at Iron Horse last spring. Your enthusiasm for riding really showed. So maybe after time you'll be back on two wheels, or maybe not. Whichever is the case, take care, and come visit us here on the forum anytime.

30 years is a long time to be putting behind you. Tbh I do not think a Dodge Dart (or indeed any 4 wheeler) is the solution. There are other ways of getting around this little crisis. I assume you have considered them. I think many of us have been where you are right now, but have managed to come out the other side still on two wheels. Best of luck anyway.

All things pass. A good run finished not busted up is a very good run.
I'd go for a '68 Dart with a 440 six-pack. Prolly not what you're thinking though.....

I have been riding for nearly 30 years now. I do not have any plans on stopping anytime soon.

Good Luck to you, your endeavors and paths that you travels, wheresoever they maybe.

This is too risky a hobby if your heart is not in it. I will never try to talk someone into riding.

I hope you find satisfaction in other pursuits. I know that my day will come, so I've lined up other hobbies to jump into.

Back