• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thinking about selling the NC

ALF

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about selling /trading my NC for a ctx or nm4 must be dct, anyone with experience on either model? I want more of a seat down legs out position instead of sitting up on the bike.

I only sit on a CTX. It is like a chopper, nearly the same seat position. ( I own a VT750 shadow, it is on sale now because i cannot get familiar with it's handling ) I suggest you to try it before you buy! Highly recommended, otherwise you will not know, what you gonna have. Get to a dealership and test it! I'm also looking for an other bike, but after reading the tests and seen some videos, compared to the real life test is completely different!

NM4 looks like a Batman motorcycle, but highly overpriced!
Choose that bike, which makes you happy.

I have ridden both the CTX and NM4 but don't own either.

The CTX in my opinion, has a more comfortable seat than the NC, and a better seat/bar relationship. However, the feet forward pegs are something you either like or dislike. You give up the frunk with the CTX. There is a small storage compartment there that at best might hold a phone and a lightweight pair of gloves.

The NM4 takes the feet forward position to the extreme. You'd best take one for a long test ride to see if you like it. The NM4 appears to have side bags and storage bins but the capacity is surprisingly small.

It's the same DCT and 670cc engine on both, so expect the same power and drive train behavior. I also believe the suspension travel is less on the two than what is on the NC.

Last edited:
I find the CTX extremely comfortable to sit on, in terms of the seat-pegs-handlebar relationship. I like the NM4's ergos less, but it wasn't terrible. I haven't ridden either bike, but they're the same underlying machine as the NCX, so one should expect same performance, durability, and service needs.

Interestingly, I just picked up a Honda Magna, so I now have a cruiser-type posture to try out for more than just a quick around-the-block ride (once I get a couple things replaced/restored, that is).

Riding friends' or family's cruiser bikes, I have previously struggled with that riding posture if/when wanting to ride twisty roads in even the most slightly spirited manner. They seem to work against a person leaning forward and inward, which leaning imparts significant stability and control in corners. So, we'll see...

Be interested to see what you think of the CTX if you get to test-ride one, or buy one!

Last edited:
Back