• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

These DCT gearboxes are all the rage you know!

IMHO if it has a torque converter its an automatic.

I suppose you could have a torque converter for torque multiplication and put a manual transmission/clutch after it. Then it would be a manual with a torque converter.

I suppose you could have a torque converter for torque multiplication and put a manual transmission/clutch after it. Then it would be a manual with a torque converter.

If you feel like it, read up on Banks Sidewinder S-10 drag truck. The last article I read on it stated that behind the Duramax was a torque converter driving a Liberty 5-speed manual transmission. I'm not positive, but I think the tranny might have been a sequential shift unit as oppose to an H pattern. This allows the engine to rev under load at the line to build boost before actually leaving the line. Not possible with a normal clutch.

As for the guy who says torque converter = automatic, google this. Manual valve-body.

Back