• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The NM4 Is Out And...

looks like they mated the NT700 (with built-in sidebags) with a ctx700 and this is the spawn of such copilation.

I'm not sure which two bikes crashed to create this new bike... one of them had the same motor as the nc/ctx7?0(s/x) the other had integrated saddle bags...

Not quiet sure how some one his the rear brake, though with linked and maybe you don't have to?

Maybe the fold up rear seat is half of a fit rear seat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

It still seems strange why the USA seems to be the only country who is not getting the 750 engine. Neither does
does it make sense to keep producing both the 670 and the 745 engine together...?????

Last edited:
Wozza, I would say it is an EPA issue in the United States. Tons of red tape for new vehicles and even though the style is the same, changing the engine size creates technically a new vehicle, and new vehicles have to meet EPA standards before they are allowed to be sold.

It still seems strange why the USA seems to be the only country who is not getting the 750 engine. Neither does
does it make sense to keep producing both the 670 and the 745 engine together...?????

I totally agree with you on this subject. But, we the "Public" have "NO SAY" on what they will bring into the US, as there's "No More" motorcycle manufacturing at Honda's Ohio Plant too. All M/C manufacturing is done in Japan as it first started out in the begining.

[video=youtube;wm8V5LzoPuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8V5LzoPuc[/video]

From a "Manufacturing Standpoint", it does make sense to make both of these engines on the same lines. They all start out as "Castings" and get "Bored" at different diameters at different parts of the process. But having to maintain different engine components is where it states to get "Wasteful".

Wozza, I would say it is an EPA issue in the United States. Tons of red tape for new vehicles and even though the style is the same, changing the engine size creates technically a new vehicle, and new vehicles have to meet EPA standards before they are allowed to be sold.

We have a "WINNER!!!"

We have a "WINNER!!!"

Yes, but is it an EPA issue though? Honda design engines looking ahead to the future. The 745 engine will be designed with tightening emission regulations around the world in mind. What is the EPA emission requirements compared with the European emission regs. That would be interesting to find out and it would also answer that question...

I read somewhere that the European emission regs are more stringent than the EPA, the problem is that the EPA requires more extensive testing that can be very expensive and time consuming, we can't be satisfied in the U.S. with what the rest of the world is doing. And also don't forget that California has it's own regulations, CARB, and I'm sure Honda wants to make it a 50 state vehicle.

California has it's own regulations, CARB, and I'm sure Honda wants to make it a 50 state vehicle.

We have another "WINNER!!!"

I live here in Cali, CARB ruins so many good things for us all. I brought a couple of Honda generators for my RV. Even they had to be "CARB APPROVED". All eyes are on us here. Look at what's going on out here and then expected to implemented elsewhere in the near future.

I have to disagree with this sentiment. Every vehicle within the same engine family has to be recertified by the EPA every model year after initial approval. The NC700 had to be recertified in again 2013 and 2014 after being released as a 2012 model. Just meeting EPA requirements one time isn't enough but recertification is easy because the testing has already been done the first time, recertification is mostly a matter of fees and both bikes would require the same cost fee. This applies to all vehicles using an engine type-listed in the same engine family so Honda could import the 750 and get certification easily - the 700 and 750 are in the same engine family. Don't believe it? It's on the EPA website in layman's language.

I think the 750 isn't in the USA because of the expense of marketing a bike (sales, parts, supply chain costs) that would only take sales from the 700 which is selling well. In the EC it makes sense because the 700 was restricted to 47 hp to meet A2 licensing requirements until the 500s were released and off to a good start. The EC needed an A2 700 but with the 500s it no longer needed it .... long live the 750 and so long 700. In the US we have no tiered licensing requirements and there is only 3 hp difference between 700s and 750s. Why kill off the 700 when it sells, at least until stock is sold off.

We have another "WINNER!!!"

I live here in Cali, CARB ruins so many good things for us all. I brought a couple of Honda generators for my RV. Even they had to be "CARB APPROVED". All eyes are on us here. Look at what's going on out here and then expected to implemented elsewhere in the near future.
To my knowledge, Honda no longer sells a 49 state bike and a CA bike. All Honda motorcycles imported are legal in all 50 states. In other words, all of us in the US got a CA bike.

Uhh, do you really want to go back to the days of LA smog, burning eyes, hacking cough, and perpetual overcast in the valley?

And we are all stuck with the political decisions of just 10% of our population. :(
You say that like it is a bad thing. It wasn't a political decision to pass the Clean Air Act and its subsequent amendments, it was national public health policy debated and legislated over several administrations both Republican and Democratic. California could not meet CAA standards and created their own Air Resources Board to avoid federal mandates to meet the law. Manufacturers at first made different vehicles to meet CARB and 49 state requirements but that was costly and reduced profits and ultimately ROI to shareholders but better technology has given cleaner more efficient vehicles without the power sapping and poor driveabilty some 70s and 80s cars had. If I was a Honda I wouldn't want to have to build different models for different states. They don't even do it across continents. They build global vehicles that meet Euro and US standards. Its ultimately cheaper. Now if today we had to suffer owning a CA model 1977 something or other that would be different but that was transition period decades ago.

You say that like it is a bad thing.
It is. One bankrupt state's elected officials have set a different standard than the other 49 states. If the rest of us agreed we would have the same standard. The state where I can vote does not agree, but because it is expedient for manufacturers I have to live with THEIR decisions. I am stuck paying cost that do not provide benefit. A majority of one state with 10% of the population or 5% +1 of the population is making these requirements. I can't change it but I don't like it.

It's not that simple...... I think 17 or 18 states have adopted CARB standards for vehicles. It's not just one state. Then there are the Euro standards and Japan has it's own standards based on the original US Clean Air Act. Manufacturers want to build global platforms if they can.

If you wish Honda would build a special model for just your state it would probably cost more because of the economies of scale.

...Uhh, do you really want to go back to the days of LA smog, burning eyes, hacking cough, and perpetual overcast in the valley?

I grew up in the "Valley" -- 60s/70s. I remember the 'smoggy inversion layer' and crappy air quality. There were even days while I was in public school that they kept us inside in lieu of 'PT'. No longer live there but when I visit, I'm amazed how things have improved.

Snipped...
Uhh, do you really want to go back to the days of LA smog, burning eyes, hacking cough, and perpetual overcast in the valley?

I remember what New York City was like in the 60's. I remember going to the auto show at the Colliseum at the age of 10 in 1964 with my dad. The air was thick with smog, by the time we got to the show we both had tears streaming down our faces.

It's not that simple...... I think 17 or 18 states have adopted CARB standards for vehicles. It's not just one state. Then there are the Euro standards and Japan has it's own standards based on the original US Clean Air Act. Manufacturers want to build global platforms if they can.

If you wish Honda would build a special model for just your state it would probably cost more because of the economies of scale.
I don't want a special bike for Georgia, I don't want to pay for California's special bike. The point is that individual different standards by state make it much harder to make a vehicle meet all of them. One standard we all have a say in makes more sense than 50 standards. Like Florida deciding how license plates have to be mounted and slapping 4 figure fines on bikes entering the state.

Isn't it enough that a company has to get past a mountain of EPA regulations without then moving on to 50 more sets of regulations to sell one model. And we wonder why more models are not available here.

Last edited:
Back