• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

the hand wave for motorcyclists?

I don't think there is an official way to wave. It's mostly just an acknowledgement of each other. "hey, you are just like me, dumb enough to ride in the cold, dark, depth of winter." When I get caught in between shift or holding my clutch in at a stop, I gave a slightly exaggerated nod with my helmet.

Sometimes, when I am feeling groovy, I would give them a Fonzie and I would actually say "ayyyyyy" in my helmet. Yes, I am a dork. And no, I am not that old.

1237973758570_fonzie.jpg

I drop two fingers down in a "peace sign" below the waist. As someone mentioned earlier to "keep the two wheels on the road" There was a recent Can-Am commercial where a motorcyclist does this as he's passing a can-am as if to indicate that the can-am too can be part of motorcycle culture. However, I disagree.

There was a recent Can-Am commercial where a motorcyclist does this as he's passing a can-am as if to indicate that the can-am too can be part of motorcycle culture. However, I disagree.

I can understand Can-Am. But do you wave to Harley trikes? How about Ural sidecar?

Actually I think this is the 3rd time I have seen this topic on this forum. (And I always wave even to Harleys) ed

Yeah, I posted about it early on. Never even occurred to me to search to see if it was a common topic....

The 2 finger thing is the trend these days as others have said, I never noticed it till I moved to Az from NJ back in 2000. However there is a pic of Steve Mc Queen floating around the web of him riding an old Triumph back in the 60's doing the 2 finger wave. I'll bet someone will find it and post it here any minute.

no not me!

AW7901.jpg

Back