• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Testing GoPro Jaws Flex clamp - Mount location ideas?

My GoPro Hero3 Black at 1080p 30fps breaks clips into 26 mins or so. Have battery bacpac on it and it lasts roughly 3 hrs total. And takes 8-10 hours to charge internal and bacpac to charge each. Love the quality of the videos, but honestly am not happy with it overall.

Considering trying the Garmin Virb when I get my Zumo 590LM and see how that works out.

If there isn't a GoPro feed already, I'll start one under general discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried my GoPro with the suction cup on the front of the windscreen (tethered too...)
2 problems:"
1. Vibration
2. Totally unrelated to me or the motorcycle (except for the sound of the exhaust)
So far, the helmet proved to be the best place. But I hate the way it looks there... So goofy....

Also, for some reason my battery that was fully charged gave out after only 35 minutes of continuous shooting. On top of that, it split the video into 2 files...???
Does anyone know why?

You didn't mention which version of GoPro you have. The Hero2 I have will record for an hour on a full charge. My Hero3 Black Edition (not the +) will only do about 30 minutes. It has a very hungry processor. The Black + will do and hour or more.
The video file splitting IIRC is purposely designed into the GoPro's to accommodate the PC's file protocols of a just under 4 (?)GB max file size.
If I want to record for a long time, I use a 12v-USB cable to power the GoPro. It will run the camera forever while simultaneously charging the battery. This is the very best option. You get all your video and the battery is always charged for off bike use.

Regards
Bernd

Last edited:
You didn't mention which version of GoPro you have. The Hero2 I have will record for an hour on a full charge. My Hero3 Black Edition (not the +) will only do about 30 minutes. It has a very hungry processor. The Black + will do and hour or more.
The video file splitting IIRC is purposely designed into the GoPro's to accommodate the PC's file protocols of a just under 4 (?)GB max file size.
If I want to record for a long time, I use a 12v-USB cable to power the GoPro. It will run the camera forever while simultaneously charging the battery. This is the very best option. You get all your video and the battery is always charged for off bike use.

Regards
Bernd

What type of case do you use to mount with the USB plugged into it? I think it would be great to use the gopro as a drive camera, ya know just in case...and for evidentiary reasons. But so far hasn't been practical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back