• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Testing GoPro Jaws Flex clamp - Mount location ideas?

Zippersdad

Reaction score
Visit site
gpj 1.jpgI'll be taking a short ride (about an hour) to my girlfriend's house today, and I'd like to try my new camera mount. Any ideas where to stick it? ;)
The ad says you can clamp it to objects ranging in size from .25" to 2".

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!

Hey Zippersdad
It's hard to tell from the picture how wide those jaws are, but it looks like there might be enough straight handlebar right next to the mounting clamp in the middle. You have your choice of sides there. I have just about every type of GoPro attachment but not the one you have. I have found though that attaching anything to the handlebars can be problematic in that as you turn the bars, there is invariably something that will smack into something else, especially at slower speeds where the bars are turned more. I just got my 2013 NC700XD 5 days ago and have already found an ideal, for me, mounting location, but using the suction mount. Either on the front of the (worthless IMO) little flyscreen or even better, on the furthest forward spot that the suction bracket will fit on the top of the fake gastank. That way you get to see a nicer symmetrical view of everything including the instrument panel. Good luck with your experimentation. Have fun!
Regards
Bernd

BerndM,
Thanks for the input! I think I'll be going with the passenger grab rail. I've done lots of other places on the bike (passenger footrest, lower fork, helmet, etc) and for the first time on this mount I'll do something relatively simple.
Thanks again, and best of luck with your X!

Have used a GoPro since they came out and I would suggest using different locations on the bike during your ride. It adds some variation in your vids. I even switch from one bike to another since I ride with my wife most of the time. When you edit it all together and add some music, the different angles and locations make it all flow nicely. Have fun and share what you get!

First part of video is just having some fun with trying a review of the two bikes. Obviously it we are not professionals but a few minutes into the video, you can see what I am talking about with different angles.

Example:
http://youtu.be/nB5YJHLhE4w

Last edited:
Have used a GoPro since they came out and I would suggest using different locations on the bike during your ride. It adds some variation in your vids. I even switch from one bike to another since I ride with my wife most of the time. When you edit it all together and add some music, the different angles and locations make it all flow nicely. Have fun and share what you get!

First part of video is just having some fun with trying a review of the two bikes. Obviously it we are not professionals but a few minutes into the video, you can see what I am talking about with different angles.

What program are you using to edit your Go Pro Clips?2.jpg

SmileyComputer.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I put a sticky mount on top of the brake fluid reserve for my drift camera. Then I have a mount on the swmotech engine guard. I want a flex mount like that. OCR has a pole and done some pretty cool videos with it.

The best place I've found so far is on the left side frame pipe, just next to the water pump. If your bike is like mine, the Emissions sticker is in that spot. Don't use the arm, it jiggles and wiggles too much to get a good shot. Just use some of the elbows and such that come with the GoPro.

If you have a Puig windshield, another really good place to put it (probably my favorite) is clamp it to the bottom of the shield. Again, don't use the arm, too shakey.

The footage I got yesterday was like the weather; crappy. Clamping it on the grab rail was a cool perspective, but the bumps caused the camera to slowly tilt down, and the footage was quite shaky.

Some screen shots...

View attachment 16747

View attachment 16748

I then clamped it to the left mirror post, right next to the mirror. That held firmly and steadily and put the camera at eye height.

gopro screen cap 3.JPG

Edited (and extremely dull) video will be posted soon.

Mine is mounted to the beak. I had it tilted a little low but otherwise it turn out Ok. This was my first use of the GoPro.

20131114_165356.jpg

[video=youtube_share;rwP8fc8bzAc]http://youtu.be/rwP8fc8bzAc[/video]

I tried my GoPro with the suction cup on the front of the windscreen (tethered too...)
2 problems:"
1. Vibration
2. Totally unrelated to me or the motorcycle (except for the sound of the exhaust)
So far, the helmet proved to be the best place. But I hate the way it looks there... So goofy....

Also, for some reason my battery that was fully charged gave out after only 35 minutes of continuous shooting. On top of that, it split the video into 2 files...???
Does anyone know why?

Serg, dose you gopo get hot that close to your head light?

Well I'm not going to lie, I have never checked but when I arrive home and take it out of the carrier I do not remember ever thinking it was hot to the touch.

Also, for some reason my battery that was fully charged gave out after only 35 minutes of continuous shooting. On top of that, it split the video into 2 files...???
Does anyone know why?

I've noticed when I use mine in colder conditions the battery tends to drain much quicker. Also, my footage is split into files that are about 17 minutes in length.

Back