• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Taller screen

ALF

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok , so I just purchased a NC and came with a taller screen (see pic) and the wind hits my head right on the face...Im 6'1" , I dont know the brand of this screen, any ideas??? who makes a tall nice screen?

IMG_20160102_183937314.jpg

Parabellum, the wind goes over my head and is tinted.

They offer the tallest available in getting the wind over the helmet. Flow anywhere else is irrelevant as far as wind noise is concerned.
I plan on getting a 2017 red NC700 and that will be my 4th Parabellum. I swear by the Tall Clear.

Thats a Cal-sci, can tell by the cut out.
if you go their website they have lots of info about right sizing screens. for the riding position.
You will be able to use the info for your replacement if/when you get one.
regards,
Nebo

Polycarbonate vs Acrylic Plastic Windshields. Polycarbonate windshields cost more, but for good reason.

[video=youtube;Hsls5ZPCUnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsls5ZPCUnE[/video]

well, I like the mounting system of the Madstad but like also the National cycle being poly instead of acrylic...

Cal-Sci screens have a reputation for cracking or for coming loose if not mounted correctly. Beware.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1106-installing-calsci-windshield.html?highlight=Cracked

Thanks for posting the link. It was a good read. Was actually considering this as an option so the information is good going in.

I liked the Madstad when I had it. Solid mounting system. Not in love with their technical support though. Sent them an email and didn't get a response. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt so I resent my question last night. Maybe they will respond this time.

Hey ALF
You can always extend the top of your windshield by getting a 24x24 inch piece of Lexan at Home Depot and cut an extension piece to shape with a metal blade in your jigsaw. Remember to put a wide band of masking tape on the Lexan to keep the foot of your jigsaw from scratching the plastic. It also help prevent cracking. Cut slowly so as not to melt the Lexan. use 100 grit sandpaper to smooth the edges. IIRC, I paid about $20 for that piece. I raised my free mystery windshield by about 4 inches. It is absolutely perfect now. No more turbulence and earplugs no longer needed.
Look at the crappy pic I attached. It shows that I cut the top curve off my original windshield to improve the sightline. The extension is attached to the front of the windshield with 2 stainless steel panhead bolts with locking nuts on the back side. The little square pieces sandwiched between the layers are self adhesive felt to keep the 2 pieces from rubbing on each other. The black tape is there to keep dirt and bugs from squishing up between the 2 layers.
I actually look thru the extension and it is virtually invisible.

There are numerous methods available to those who dare to experiment.

Attachments

• DSCN3635.jpg
    DSCN3635.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 328
Yes the Laminar Lip will probably work too. It worked sort of OK on my former bike, a Burgman 650 Executive, but it was pricey and I was stuck with no options, so I now have it in the garage somewhere collecting dust, while my homemade extension is pulling fulltime duty for the Burgman's new owner.
There is a nice sense of satisfaction making something from nothing and having it work perfectly.

BTW, that pic I had posted of my extension was in fact on my NC700X-DCT.

well, I added 5" of lexan to my calsci screen, its raining today and I;m not sure if I ll be able to try it out.

IMG_20160106_090245108.jpgIMG_20160106_090316574.jpgIMG_20160106_091304549.jpgIMG_20160106_094222575.jpg

5" Screen worked really well, however I think the calsci screen is very flimsy and moves a lot, I ordered a madstad today.

Back