• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Taking a 2200 mile round trip road trip in 2 days!!

mtbmike

Reaction score
Visit site
Leaving tomorrow for Corpus Christi and back can't wait. The NC is loaded up ready to go. If you guys down in Texas see NC riding with a BMW GS1200 that's us. Its going to be a quick trip but that's how we roll any excuse to get on the road and ride is good by me.

We've had a real wet spring so bring your DEET repellent, those salt grass marshes around Corpus have mosquitos the size of birds. It's also crawfish time and Corpus is know for their fresh seafood so enjoy.

Didn't quite make it to corpus Christi got to San Antonio left at 6:15 in the morning got her at 1am good ride today will get to corpus Christi tomorrow.

Covered a little over 1000 miles in the first leg bike ran great and I can't believe how much more power my bike has at sea level its really awesome!! Gas mileage has been ok from 66- worst 55. Strong Head winds the entire time down and maintaining anywhere from 65-80 mph. The weather is crap right now it really sucks looms like its going to be a wet day. O well today's plan hammer as long as we have day light then park it. We are going to give our self's today and tomorrow to get back. Last night was a little sketchy with all the deer on the side of the road but we both have great lighting so we could see everything but it really slowed us down the last half of our trip. Anyway its been awesome so far I will hopefully nab some pictures today and post them up soon.

Just got home this afternoon around 2pm man what a ride 2400 miles round trip in a little over 2 days the NC did awesome we were 75-90 sustained all the way home and it had no troubles at all I was really surprised how well it did at those speeds for so long. My buddies BMW oil light came on it was burning oil that was the only problems we had. For those that think the NC suffers more than other motorcycles at high rpm my buddies BMW has a 7 gallon gas tank and we were the same range only difference he was putting in 6 gallons and I was putting in three. He was only getting 30 mpg I was getting over 60. The wind and high speed we were doing was really putting a hurting on the big GS as well.

I've never been 90 mph on my NC , much less sustained.
When I came back from Arkansas a couple of weeks ago, OCR and I were averaging around 75-80 . My mpg was around 55 or less.
I have Shad 36L panniers . That may be the difference.

Mtbmike, do you still own 919 ? I had one and then switched to single cylinder XR, and now settled with 2. ;)

When I came back from Arkansas a couple of weeks ago, OCR and I were averaging around 75-80 . My mpg was around 55 or less.

Yeah that's one reason I left my side boxed off. The 37liter top box and frunk were more than enough.

Mtbmike, do you still own 919 ? I had one and then switched to single cylinder XR, and now settled with 2. ;)

I actually sold the 919 I held on to it for a while to make sure the NC was going to cut it on long distance trips turns out while the 919 has a hell of a motor for sport touring it doesn't hold a candle to the NC anywhere else. I also had a decked out xr650l that I traded in for my NC. WP_000495.jpgWP_20130602_008.jpg I actually put over 22,000 miles on the xr before I traded it in bought it with 600 miles on it.

I actually sold the 919 I held on to it for a while to make sure the NC was going to cut it on long distance trips turns out while the 919 has a hell of a motor for sport touring it doesn't hold a candle to the NC anywhere else. I also had a decked out xr650l that I traded in for my NC.

Yeah, I also found out that 919 just does not cut it for me as a dual sport and xr650L made my hands numb with vibration ..

very_sm_snow__.jpg

Just got home this afternoon around 2pm man what a ride 2400 miles round trip in a little over 2 days the NC did awesome we were 75-90 sustained all the way home and it had no troubles at all I was really surprised how well it did at those speeds for so long. My buddies BMW oil light came on it was burning oil that was the only problems we had. For those that think the NC suffers more than other motorcycles at high rpm my buddies BMW has a 7 gallon gas tank and we were the same range only difference he was putting in 6 gallons and I was putting in three. He was only getting 30 mpg I was getting over 60. The wind and high speed we were doing was really putting a hurting on the big GS as well.

Sorry I was not there to ride with you but was in VA with HU Gathering. How do you get 60 mpg running at 75 - 80. Coming back on I10 running 70 - 79 .... mostly 79 (75 limit) I was getting 46 - 52 mpg. I'm 190 and have Givi Bags and was loaded but I've never got 60mpg running over 70 .... You must have the touch or tell me how. I always run the 87 octane (rec on list) tires inflated to max ... Now running in the 50s I get 66 - 70 mpg and on the Blue Ridge I got 73 but that is running 35 - 50, heck got 55 - 57 mpg on the wing 2 up on the Blue Ridge....

Boz

Yeah coming home we must have had 40-50 mph tail winds which really helped the gas mileage maintaining those high speeds Going down we were mostly 65 with a couple of 80 mph jonts. I Was getting mid to high 50s and a couple of 60s at those speeds with the head winds. I weigh 160lbs and am 5'9" packed really light and I have a Honda touring screen tire pressures were at 38psi with nitrogen I only had my top box for this trip and was defiantly not loaded.

I guess one thing to point out not sure it matters a lot but my Speedo was 2-3 mph optimistic everywhere so 80 indicated was actually 77mph ext. ext. Stock tires sizes also. Odometer is a bit optimistic as well I noticed on this trip so mpg might be a little sewed but still close enough.

Back