• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1st 100 mile round trip thoughts

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all
I had my 1st 100 mile round trip yesterday with the NC and had a few thoughts. The one thing I found amazing was the fuel mileage averaging 70mph (78 mpg) totally nutz it destroys the Burgman 650. I found the ride with my current setup to be quite comfy and just so smooth when you keep it between 3500 & 4k rpms which was just so relaxing.
Some things I really noticed was the buffeting at those speeds which a new screen should rectify but the more alarming part of the trip was how twitchy/light the steering/front end was up at 70 to 75mph. I'm wondering if a steering stabilizer like I installed on my sport bikes back in the day would help here. What is your guys experiences.

Congrats, a good long ride lets you ponder about things.

As for the twitchy, check front tire pressure. Mine feels rock solid up to 80 mph which is as fast as I've had it. I'm averaging 74 mpg. I think it's actually smoother at 70 than at 60. As far as the screen I am cutting 3" off mine Wednesday when my brother and I can get together so one can hold and one can cut. I'll probably be the holder lol. As is the shield it either too tall or too short, just puts the wind in the wrong place. I could live with it, but since I enjoy air I'm going shorter. Rather have clean air than dirty air, and rather have lots of air than no air.

Glad you got to take it out for a little longer ride, Inferno. I have a 2012, so maybe they made some minor suspension changes between mine and yours, but my bike's front end is NEVER twitchy.

Check tire pressure, rear sag (shock pre-load), and fork position in the triple clamps.

Congrats, a good long ride lets you ponder about things.

As for the twitchy, check front tire pressure. Mine feels rock solid up to 80 mph which is as fast as I've had it. I'm averaging 74 mpg. I think it's actually smoother at 70 than at 60. As far as the screen I am cutting 3" off mine Wednesday when my brother and I can get together so one can hold and one can cut. I'll probably be the holder lol. As is the shield it either too tall or too short, just puts the wind in the wrong place. I could live with it, but since I enjoy air I'm going shorter. Rather have clean air than dirty air, and rather have lots of air than no air.
My tire pressures are 34 front 40 rear. It could just be me, lol

Glad you got to take it out for a little longer ride, Inferno. I have a 2012, so maybe they made some minor suspension changes between mine and yours, but my bike's front end is NEVER twitchy.

Check tire pressure, rear sag (shock pre-load), and fork position in the triple clamps.
I checked the pressures and they were 2 lbs below recommended. It is a brand new bike but I will recheck the entire suspension.

I've never really noticed the front as twitchy at any speed. This bike is fairly heavy at 500 lbs and it has a relatively long wheelbase. Hopefully it is just tire pressure or choice of tires.

I've never really noticed the front as twitchy at any speed. This bike is fairly heavy at 500 lbs and it has a relatively long wheelbase. Hopefully it is just tire pressure or choice of tires.
I'm so use to my Burgman which was almost 200lbs heavier, that thing never moved maybe I'm just a little over sensitive.

I will add that I find the steering pleasantly light in the sense that one needs not apply a lot of pressure in order to move the bars, but it's not light in the sense of easy to accidentally and abruptly change direction or something. My CBR's steering was much faster than the NCX's, but it's also true I had to push noticeably harder on the bars to make it move. I think that has a lot to do with relative bar length between the two (leverage).

I haven't ridden a Burgman, or if I have it's been long enough that I don't remember it.

I'm so use to my Burgman which was almost 200lbs heavier, that thing never moved maybe I'm just a little over sensitive.
Well, I think the Burgman was about the same as far as weight. I keep my tires 1 or 2 lbs above, so 38 psi front and 42 rear. I installed a GIVI screen, it is 4 inches higher. At 6 foot tall I can still see over it and has no noticeable helmet buffeting. My 800 lb Harley holds the road a little better at 80 mph or more, but I gotta say the NC750X has to be better at high speeds than a scooter?

Back