• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Switched from NC700X to NC750X DCT

jangermann

Reaction score
Visit site
After only 4000km on my NC700X i was so stupid to testdrive a NC750X DTC...I should never have done that :p
Now there is a NC750X DTC in my garage :D and less money on my bank account :D

The DCT gear is amazing, super smooth and fast shifts, I love it! The extra power on the 750 is easy to feel when twisting the throttle.
The seat on the 750 is notable softer than the 700 but still too hard for me. The Shad Comfort seat is still better.

The two main reasons to my "upgrade" is:

Reason 1: On the 700 I was very frustrated over, that when driving in 6 gear below 3000 rpm there was strange sounds from the engine like knocking which could be felt in the frame. (see one of the biggest treads on this forum regarding this issue). Well the 750DCT don't do that.

Reason2: I just like the DCT gear ;-)

Well this is just my opinions, and now I am just so happy with the 750. No issues at all!

We don't get the DCT option in Canada :(

I would have dearly loved to try one and see what it was like. Suppose I could have test ridden a VFR1200 DCT, but it just wouldn't have been the same, and if I *did* think it was the most awesome thing ever, would have been really miffed, that I couldn't get an NCX version. :mad:

Oh well.

Congrats on your new, new bike! :cool:

Thanks

L.B.S, here in Denmark they are in stock. I can ship one to you :)

Got mine in white

Attachments

• 20140502_071258_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140502_071258_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17,860
Last edited:
After only 4000km on my NC700X i was so stupid to testdrive a NC750X DTC...I should never have done that :p
Now there is a NC750X DTC in my garage :D and less money on my bank account :D

The DCT gear is amazing, super smooth and fast shifts, I love it! The extra power on the 750 is easy to feel when twisting the throttle.
The seat on the 750 is notable softer than the 700 but still too hard for me. The Shad Comfort seat is still better.

The two main reasons to my "upgrade" is:

Reason 1: On the 700 I was very frustrated over, that when driving in 6 gear below 3000 rpm there was strange sounds from the engine like knocking which could be felt in the frame. (see one of the biggest treads on this forum regarding this issue). Well the 750DCT don't do that.

Reason2: I just like the DCT gear ;-)

Well this is just my opinions, and now I am just so happy with the 750. No issues at all!

The DCT probably don't do that because below 3000rpm it isn't in its highest gear, probably auto-downshifts when it is below 3000rpm (just guessing though).

The DCT probably don't do that because below 3000rpm it isn't in its highest gear, probably auto-downshifts when it is below 3000rpm (just guessing though).

Curiously enough though, the Honda recommended shift point from 5th to 6th, is at 37 mph! :eek: That is waaaaay below 3,000 rpm

I'm sure the DCT shifts into 6th not far from that speed, (and inferring down shifts at close to those recommended numbers as well) but others can confirm.

shifting.jpg

The reason is simple, it shifts from one gear to the next quicker than any human could do it with a conventional clutch and gear lever and therefore the bike doesn't become as unbalanced as a manual transmission when changing gear.

Go to 2:40 minutes to see the difference on a rolling road.

Honda Dual Clutch Transmission - YouTube

Nope, you are wrong.
Crusing in "D" mode in 6 gear, it will only downshift to 5 gear when rpm goes below around 2000rpm.

In slow accelerations it shifts from 5 to 6 before hitting 3000rpm, bringing the rpm's to around 2000rpm i 6 gear.

Thnaks.
What happend to the first one?

getting to much money and can't keep his hands out of his pockets;)

I have the 700 dct very happy with it .
if your tootling along in 6th gear and wind the throttle up it will quickly down shift in 5th for better acceleration.
I can't fault the bike at all accept the dreadful seat!

Back