• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech rear rack

Rum Runner

Reaction score
Visit site
2014 NC 700x. Got the rack and am happy with the quality. But not so happy instructions say I need to trim off some plastic. Anyone have a picture of the piece they cut off or if in the PDX maybe I can buy ya a beer and check out your install.

well if you'd bought one of mine you wouldn't need to cut any plastics...

once I sell my NC I wont be making any more!

It is a really small part that has to be cut off. Won't be noticeable when built back.
I just put the rack on and it was easy to see where it doesn't fit.

c2b7fcc221531581674b747df918d357.jpg

It is the original hand bar that collides with the plastic because it gets higher.

It really is a tiny cut-out ... like 0.5cm² .

Last edited:
You don't have to cut the piece if you twist it a little to get the plastic to seat.

Thank you and being that so little needed to be shaved off I just rolled with it and did not cut any off. Be careful when removing the hand rails so that a washer doesn't pop out and slide under the gas tank down through the plastic, ah carp. Other than that install went well but a second set of hands may have been helpful but not absolutely necessary. Good quality product. Now to test out mounting my Mosko Moto bag. If the rack works to pull back my Mosko Moto bag, loop over the seat and stay off the muffler. All should be golden. Thanks all for the advice.

Back