• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech Alu-rack

twistedthrottle

Reaction score
www.twistedthrottle.com
I like your rear carrier. Please give some info on it. Does Givi/Kappa topcases fit there?

I see you are in Spain. You should have a dealer of SW-MOTECH products there but I wanted to give you the information anyway.... I work for the US distributor of their goods - Twisted Throttle. The rack is a SW-MOTECH ALU-Rack. There is no interference with the gas fill-up and it matches the lines of the bikes for a clean integrated look. It looks like this:

To add a Givi or Kappa case you will need an adapter plate that pops on and off quickly using quarter turn cam locks so that when you are not using the case you do not have to see an unsightly adapter plate.

Here are the adapter plates suitable for both Givi and Kappa cases. They too are available from SW-MOTECH (and Twisted Throttle):

Monolock

Monokey

There are several plates available for the other popular brands of Topcases from SW-MOTECH. This is a smart system because it is so universal and doesn't require you to have an unsightly plastic plate on the bike when you are using the case.

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Do you have a picture you can post of the universal rack for softbags that mounts to the SW-Motech rear rack ??

Thanks ...

I see you are in Spain. You should have a dealer of SW-MOTECH products there but I wanted to give you the information anyway.... I work for the US distributor of their goods - Twisted Throttle. The rack is a SW-MOTECH ALU-Rack. There is no interference with the gas fill-up and it matches the lines of the bikes for a clean integrated look. It looks like this:

To add a Givi or Kappa case you will need an adapter plate that pops on and off quickly using quarter turn cam locks so that when you are not using the case you do not have to see an unsightly adapter plate.

Here are the adapter plates suitable for both Givi and Kappa cases. They too are available from SW-MOTECH (and Twisted Throttle):

[
There are several plates available for the other popular brands of Topcases from SW-MOTECH. This is a smart system because it is so universal and doesn't require you to have an unsightly plastic plate on the bike when you are using the case.

Kevin

I like your rear carrier. Please give some info on it. Does Givi/Kappa topcases fit there?

Thanks! Ya, what T.T. said, lol

Very high quality, too. The powdercoating is very nice looking and everything feels solid.

The shape goes well with the NCX, IMHO. I personally won't be putting a top case on mine, but making a quick release aluminum plate to put on when I want to carry maybe a soft bag, or have a little more real estate for camping gear. :D

Hey Kevin,

Do you have a picture you can post of the universal rack for softbags that mounts to the SW-Motech rear rack ??

Thanks ...

Not a problem. I just ran out to our NC700X and threw one on the bike for you. The shots are just low resolution cell phone pics but they get the idea across for you.

Kev

NC700X_SoftLuggageAdapter_001.jpgNC700X_SoftLuggageAdapter_002.jpg

Kevin, you keep up the good effort we got used to at the NT-forum.org where we see you frequently! Well done. You got a very good reputation there, and I'm sure you will at least get the same very good words here.

Not a problem. I just ran out to our NC700X and threw one on the bike for you. The shots are just low resolution cell phone pics but they get the idea across for you.

Kev

View attachment 3494View attachment 3495

Heeeeey! I don't think I've seen that top luggage platform before, in my wanderings!

That looks exactly like what I'd want to make for my own, as I mentioned in my last post. What is that one? :confused:

My, oh my. :eek: Did we get off topic here or what?!

Greg

PS: Just to give fair time to another vendor, RockyMountainATVMC (where I got mine) sells the NC700X SW-Motech Alu-rack for $140 with free shipping , but they don't carry the adapter plates. But maybe Twisted Throttle will match that $140 price on the rack?

I got the best deal buy buying the rack from Rocky Mountain and the adapters from Twisted Throttle (since no one else seams to carry them in the USA).

Last edited:
Thanks! Ya, what T.T. said, lol

Very high quality, too. The powdercoating is very nice looking and everything feels solid.

The shape goes well with the NCX, IMHO. I personally won't be putting a top case on mine, but making a quick release aluminum plate to put on when I want to carry maybe a soft bag, or have a little more real estate for camping gear. :D

Problem solved.....

1. ALU-Rack - Check
  2. SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate For Attaching Soft Luggage - Exactly what you were thinking about doing.
  3. Bags-Connection Rackpack - Optional, but attaches so well and looks like it belongs there!

phpMLZWL7.jpg

Kev

Kevin, you keep up the good effort we got used to at the NT-forum.org where we see you frequently! Well done. You got a very good reputation there, and I'm sure you will at least get the same very good words here.

Tjana Christian, laget? ... (Don't get excited, that almost exhausts my knowledge of Swedish)

alu rack

Monolock

Monokey

Kevin

Just got my rack from t. throttle and it does not fit, apparently my rear handgrips are too long and attachment points for top rack hit the handrails. Do you have any suggestions, already email T.T. they agree but have not offered any remedy.

Just got my rack from t. throttle and it does not fit, apparently my rear handgrips are too long and attachment points for top rack hit the handrails. Do you have any suggestions, already email T.T. they agree but have not offered any remedy.

Are you talking about the SW Motech rack or the Givi adaptor plate?

What year is your bike? My 2012 has lots of room between the passenger grabrails and the Motech rack, but I don't know about a Givi adaptor on top of it.

I can't see where there could be a whole lot of difference from bike to bike, making some fit and some not, it's a puzzle! :eek:

Can you take any good pictures and post them up?

Did you very loosely (finger tight) bolt everything together and test fit as per the instructions, or bolt it all together snug first, and then try to mount it to the bike? That could make a big difference.

alu rack

Are you talking about the SW Motech rack or the Givi adaptor plate?

What year is your bike? My 2012 has lots of room between the passenger grabrails and the Motech rack, but I don't know about a Givi adaptor on top of it.

I can't see where there could be a whole lot of difference from bike to bike, making some fit and some not, it's a puzzle! :eek:

Can you take any good pictures and post them up?

Did you very loosely (finger tight) bolt everything together and test fit as per the instructions, or bolt it all together snug first, and then try to mount it to the bike? That could make a big difference.

I have 2012 model with stock side luggage. Followed directions to a T, if the rack tube were 3 inches longer would not be a problem.

Which handrails do you have? Stock or the ones that fit the Honda rear rack? I'm not sure the Alu/rAck fits with the non stock Honda handrails , but TT should know.

My Alu-rack fits fine on my 2012 with stock handrails and I use the Givi mono lock adapter or the sw-motech flat rack with no issues.

Last edited:
I have the sw motech alu rack along with the soft luggage plate adaptor. Fantastic bit of kit and I held in place very well by the 3 quick lock connectors. I will be using a 40l soft bag for a 10 day trip in Europe and very happy with the set up

Back