• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Super adventure

Nope, the ride I was referring to was with a friend. We had talked about splitting up for a few days and then riding together again but we ended up riding together for 17 days and covering 7000 miles with three days in one spot.

Too curvy? Shame on you :D

Back to Poet's ride......if you have several months to ride there is really no point in trying to plan too much as you should be able to see most of the country. I can't imagine setting off on a trip with no end date in the near future.....that's what I call freedom. It takes a good four or five days of travelling to really feel like you are on a trip and then you have to start counting days until it ends. Several months would require a completely different mindset than what I'm used to having. I would have to constantly keep telling myself to slow down, slow down. Eventually, I think I would find my traveling mojo but it would take a while. I would sure like to give it a try someday.
Mike

Since taller windscreens can be potentially frustrating vindictive things, and buffet you to death exactly at the height you most especially don't want to be buffeted, (lol) I might suggest trying a new windscreen out long before your trip starts, to see what characteristics it shows for you. For sure I wouldn't install a new untried one, the day before the trip, only to discover you hate it when you are a thousand miles away from home :mad: :(

Same with any new thing or farkle, it's generally a chancy thing to muck with stuff directly before a trip. Murphy's Law and all that. ;)

Have mucho fun!!!

Since taller windscreens can be potentially frustrating vindictive things, and buffet you to death exactly at the height you most especially don't want to be buffeted, (lol) I might suggest trying a new windscreen out long before your trip starts, to see what characteristics it shows for you. For sure I wouldn't install a new untried one, the day before the trip, only to discover you hate it when you are a thousand miles away from home :mad: :(

Same with any new thing or farkle, it's generally a chancy thing to muck with stuff directly before a trip. Murphy's Law and all that. ;)

Have mucho fun!!!

As far as new windscreens go and wind buffeting.. you can add a great deal of adjustability by getting a wind deflector. There are sevral out there by different brands. They can also be used on future bikes so they really are a great long term investment in comfort.

Wunderlich is one brand. Someone will have to remind me of the other brand. They both are very adjustable and about the same price wise. Both have great reviews. I'm really glad I bought mine. It turned the Honda Touring windscreen into a very nice windscreen for me. Without the deflector it was probably going to be replaced with a madstad or National cycle.

Back