• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Suggestions for new tires?

^^^^ Just changed my order from the intermediate tread of the 006 Shinko rear to the

Radial longer lasting 009 Raven Shinko..only $5 more.....Thanks David.

Hopefully it is a good tire. I don't ride crazy; don't do no knee dragging in the Dragon. We shall see. I just wanted a street tire with wear indicators in the middle.....:)

When I got my 2012 SA model, the OEM tires were Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact which were single compound, but used "Interact Multi-Zone Tension" technology to provide better life in the centre and better grip on the sides by varying belt tension. When that set was worn out, I replaced again with Z8 which by then had transitioned to dual compound (still with "Interact" technology). I have since worn out that set and just put a fresh par of Z8s on last week. I have never had a negative experience with these tires. Never felt like I was losing grip dry or wet, and I'd say I got good life out of them. Probably got 3 years out of the stock rear and 4 or 5 years out of the stock front (if memory serves, not always a guarantee). The last set wore out prematurely because I got lazy on my pre-ride checklist and ran around with low pressure for far too long. Definitely a good street/touring type tire in my opinion.

I just put on a set of Pirelli Angel Sport Touring tires a month ago. They were available in the stock size from Revzilla for about 100 each. I'm not a knee dragger, but I have been extremely happy with the tires in all types of weather. Highly recommended!

When I got my 2012 SA model, the OEM tires were Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact which were single compound, but used "Interact Multi-Zone Tension" technology to provide better life in the centre and better grip on the sides by varying belt tension. When that set was worn out, I replaced again with Z8 which by then had transitioned to dual compound (still with "Interact" technology). I have since worn out that set and just put a fresh par of Z8s on last week. I have never had a negative experience with these tires. Never felt like I was losing grip dry or wet, and I'd say I got good life out of them. Probably got 3 years out of the stock rear and 4 or 5 years out of the stock front (if memory serves, not always a guarantee). The last set wore out prematurely because I got lazy on my pre-ride checklist and ran around with low pressure for far too long. Definitely a good street/touring type tire in my opinion.
Saying they lasted for years tells us nothing. Mileage is the better indicator. Some people ride 2k miles a year, some ride 20k...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

And some people wear tires in 5000 miles, while others may reach 15000 with the same model. So many factors that it makes comparing impossible. Unless it is the same rider on the same bike riding the same on the same roads.

Saying they lasted for years tells us nothing. Mileage is the better indicator. Some people ride 2k miles a year, some ride 20k...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yep, I ride at least 15,000-20,000 miles per year between my 2 bikes-at least 9,000-10,000 of that is on the Honda each year.

I wish Pirelli would make the RT66 in a size for our rear tires. I put the RT66s on my C50 Boulevard and get between 15,000-18000 miles on them (the last front RT66 I put on got 22,000 miles before wear indicator appeared)-that's with a 600# bike doing mostly interstate speeds.

Back