• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stupid Question #1726-Rear Shock adjust...

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Umm....how?? I've owned a number of bikes over the last 20 years or so and have yet to see what I assume is the adjusting mechanism for our rear shock. I'm used to graduated rings that click into preset heights. It's adjustment is not even addressed in the manual, at least not the US version. And, unless I'm going crazy, most of the reviews mention the rear shock being adjustable for spring preload.

Is it as simple (assuming you can find the right size spanner wrench) as it looks, two rings that lock on each other?? Loosen them and tighten/loosen the ring closest to the shock spring to the desired height??

Seems pretty archaic. :confused:

Yeah, it really is as simple as it looks. I haven't messed with the one on the NC, but I have had bikes with that type of adjuster before. Just loosen the locking ring (on top), adjust the lower ring, and tighten the locking ring. IIRC, some folks said they just used a punch and hammer (tap lightly) to rotate the adjuster rings.

Bob

Thanks!! Sometimes what seems so obvious isn't what it ends up being, so I had to ask!

Last edited:
Back