• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock rear tire

One thing I found odd when purchasing the T30. For the front I had to order the gt version to get the proper weight range specified for the bike.
So I'm going to run a mix of the standard T30 on the rear and the gt on the front. I don't like to mix things that are designed to work together. I always replace tires on my road bike as a pair. Will be interesting.
That is odd. The Bridgestone web site lists the same load rating of 58W for both the standard and GT versions of the 120/70ZR17 T30 and T30 Evo.

Yes it is a Dunlop Trailmax D609 and the dealership said I wasnt watching the air pressure and maintaining it like I should. I think I have decided on the Michelin but I will look into the Bridgestone and Pirelli. Thanks for the replies .

That is odd. The Bridgestone web site lists the same load rating of 58W for both the standard and GT versions of the 120/70ZR17 T30 and T30 Evo.

Ah your right. I should have checked the bridgestone site. Got fooled by the way things were listed on the fortnine site.

I think you mean "G" stamping. OEM 023s are G models. Front 023 tires are marked 023F and the rears are 023R - oddly enough.

I remember the 'F' stamping on the OEM numbered 020s and now assume the rear had a 'G' stamping. But we know the 'F' did not mean front.
The older I get the more confusing and complicated EVERYTHING appears/is. Our gov/legal system (sorry Mello) is a perfect example of confusion/over complication.

I have just replaced front and rear tyres. In March 2015 I had a set of Bridgestone Battlax BT-023 put on at the recommendation of the bloke putting them on. They have done over 20,000kms and while it was time to replace the rear, the front could have kept going. But I chose to get both and to get the same things. I can't make the comparisons that others can, but it seems I've done pretty well with these tyres.

Is it just me or does everyone get about 3000 miles on the stock rear tire ?
Just you ;-)

My stock rear tire (Pirelli Scorpion) lasted almost 4x what you are getting. Junked it because I was heading out on a long trip, but it had a few more miles in it.

Tried the Michelin Pilot Road 4 next....was ok but nothing earth shattering compared to the stock tires. Seemed "ok".

Next up was a pair of Dunlop RoadSmart tires....My new favorites, mostly because they wear like iron and have no weird wet weather quirks (neither did the other tires I've tried). The wear on the Dunlops is pretty great....for the way I ride.

I've gone through two sets of Dunlops (RoadSmart II, and the newer, RoadSmart III) and would take them over the Pilot 4 and Pirellis in a heartbeat.

I run a TPMS through my GPS and keep the pressures maintained.

Back