• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock horn decibels

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know the decibel range for the stock 700 horn? Besides the fact that it sounds like a Big Wheels horn. :D

No but you can get a decibel app for your phone for free and check it yourself assuming you have a droid or iPhone. I installed one when I was checking the decibel level of my FJR exhaust before and after the suppressors. The one I have on my iPhone is pretty slick.

D1D26B0E-1498-45BF-A48E-B5E0B18238C4_zpsvnloglzu.png

Last edited:
Believe it should be measured 2m from horn

I thought it was 1 meter...
Either way you'll want to do it Out in the open too, some place where you don't get "reflected" noise.

Ideally a sound dampening chamber, more realistically an open field. Not inside a garage where it will echo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I just measured the NC's twin Fiamm Highway Blasters at 109 db. I have a pair on the ST and they measured 107. I held the meter in front of my face sitting on the bike. There is no way the OEM horn is 110 db even though mine says that too.

I just measured the NC's twin Fiamm Highway Blasters at 109 db. I have a pair on the ST and they measured 107. I held the meter in front of my face sitting on the bike. There is no way the OEM horn is 110 db even though mine says that too.

Must be a bit of wishful thinking. Or they measure it right at the horn. ;)

I attached a photo of what my OEM produced above. It was 93dB. I was 3-5 feet away and had my son push the button.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Must be a bit of wishful thinking. Or they measure it right at the horn. ;)

apparently there are several different standards for measuring the intensity of noise produced... Honda probably went with the standard that allows for the test to be conducted on the manufacturing floor, where impact wrenches and parts clanging produces ~110db of noise.

apparently there are several different standards for measuring the intensity of noise produced... Honda probably went with the standard that allows for the test to be conducted on the manufacturing floor, where impact wrenches and parts clanging produces ~110db of noise.

I'm sure it's not a honda produced part. They just bolt it on, made by a supplier. However it must be something like you say a different testing method.

Back