• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

stock front seat?

I have a corbin on the way. I just sold the Sargent, and because I wanted the buyer to get it as quickly as possible, I shipped it UPS within the hour of its sale. (that's how I would like to be treated.)

Now I've got a two week (or more wait) until I have a seat to sit on... so I'm looking for a quick fix.
One possibility is to just lay the seat pad I had for the original stock seat and sit on that...(talk about low to the ground)
Maybe that's the best idea... no cost, and I already have it.

Here's a photo of the Bill Mayer seat pad on top of the original, uncomfortable, stock seat.
I'd be sitting on the pad right on the gas tank... maybe that's not such a good idea?
IMG_1211a.jpg

Last edited:
You're going from a Sargent to a typically ill-fitting Corbin seat? Weird, it's usually the other way around it seams.

You're going from a Sargent to a typically ill-fitting Corbin seat? Weird, it's usually the other way around it seams.

The Sargent seat was well made, fit perfectly, and was comfortable enough to go eight hours a day for a week on the last 50cc attempt.

The Corbin has a good reputation for comfort, in the reading I've done, but it does seem to fit rather snugly to start. As I recall, Corbin advises customer to wait until the seat "wears in"... presumably until the corbin compresses at contact points and then fits. I'm hoping that Corbin will be better at making them now that it's not a "new" product for them.

It's a new experience, and an opportunity to learn.

I may lean that the Sargent is a better seat. So in a year (when I can save up for something else), I'll try another brand.

Corbin seats are HARD. Not just firm, HARD. I have one. They're even harder than the factory seat foam. They can be very comfortable if they're shaped properly, but they will NOT conform to your bottom even after a few thousand miles, IME. I did a ride-in, so they shaped it the way I wanted it shaped. Are you doing a ride-in, Strat?

Corbin seats are HARD. Not just firm, HARD. I have one. They're even harder than the factory seat foam. They can be very comfortable if they're shaped properly, but they will NOT conform to your bottom even after a few thousand miles, IME. I did a ride-in, so they shaped it the way I wanted it shaped. Are you doing a ride-in, Strat?

No, no ride in. If its too uncomfortable, you'll see it here at 1/3 off pretty quickly.

Firm is OK if the shape is right. Its all about the base. If the shape is a dish, the weight will be distributed more evenly over a larger area than it is with the stock hump shape.

Last edited:
Corbin, in my experience, are idiots!

This is the second time they have:
- lost my order
- insisted I call them on the phone
- told me I'd have to wait a month for one of their precious seats.

I will NEVER attempt to do business with Corbin again!

Now, I'm back to having nothing to ride on....
I'll probably go back to "Sargent" since "Russel Day Long" is stoooooopidly EXPENSIVE.

How did the seat pad on top of the stock seat work?

How did the seat pad on top of the stock seat work?

it seems like it would work. I sat on it...and wow! suddenly you are as low the ground as you have ever been....
I decided against riding to work on it just because I didn't want to damage anything....
There's probably a reason the seat pan distributes the rider's weight the way it does... and I didn't want to test it!

since "Russel Day Long" is stoooooopidly EXPENSIVE.
Since my ride-in to Russel's early last month, Nov 2015, I have been on numerous 'day long' rides covering more than 6k miles during a cross-country trip on it. All bone soreness and resulting squirming has been absent. They are worth every penny!

Ray

Back