• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stalling off idle in 1st gear..

Danimal

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone having this issue? My NC has 2200 miles and it's in it's 1st season. Just recently she started to no longer roll off idle cleanly in 1st gear and stall. The oil pressure light comes on as well (flickers) once, then stall.

I have to crank on the throttle a bit to catch it. Just started happening. I changed my factory oil at 600mi. Oil level is full. Have no idea what could be causing this.

If anyone has any similar experience with this I'd appreciate some advice to what it could be.

Thanks in advance.

Danimal

Mine will do it periodically. Most of the time there is no problem and it pulls away cleanly, but every now and then it will try to stall at clutch engagement. I've gotten used to it, and if I get the stumble I just pull in the clutch and add a little more throttle. I always thought it was just a two cylinder engine thing and sometimes I'm letting the clutch out at just the wrong time in that twin cylinder firing order.

Bob

I have noticed this happens occasionally to me, but not often enough for it to be an issue. Could be any number of things, such as letting out the clutch a bit to quick, on a slight incline, etc. One thing you might want to check if this happens is that your foot is not touching the rear break. That was my Homer Simpson moment a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Back