• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

N/D switch doesn't work_NC750xd 2021

bilger

Reaction score
Visit site
At the beggining i thought it was from washing the bike but probably not.
When this started after a few attemps i could engaged-disangaged, after a few days was more difficult (2-3 even 5 minutes)
and finally doesn't work at all. Now when i start the engine in a second the 1st gear engeged without pressing anything and
of course i switch off with gear. The A/M works fine.
In the first video the engaged problem, in the second the disangaged and in the third no working at all.
Does anyone knows something about???

Page 148 of my 2022 handbook says: "if you see the "-" blinking while riding, you may have a serious problem with the Dual Clutch Transmission system" You seem to be seeing this blinking dash so I guess it's a trip to the dealer for you. It also says that if you can't shift from N to D and the indicator is blinking (which seems to be your case) then damage [to the dct] is preventing you from riding. Immediate dealer inspection is required. It also suggests to start the engine while applying either brake; and when turned off, try moving the bike back and forth to ensure the gears are disengaged. I hope the bike is still under warranty.

Also take a look at the DCT reset procedure detailed under the "2020 DCT clicking" question on the forum. If you are lucky perhaps the DCT just needs to be initialized again.

I just had another thought. It's hard to tell from the video if the bike is actually on a center stand or side stand when you start it. I understand correctly, once started you can't put the bike in D with the side stand down. Also if it is on the center stand when you start it, the rear wheel will be off the ground and may start turning enough for the bike to sense motion and so put the bike in 1st gear. Just some thoughts. I'm not a qualified mechanic.

Last edited:
The dash apears only when i'm trying to engage the gear not while driving.
Reset i can't do cause the switch doesn't work....
When start the engine and the 1st gear engaged without pressing the switch the bike is on the center stand.

When start the engine and the 1st gear engaged without pressing the switch the bike is on the center stand.
AHA. Try this and see if the problem goes away. Put the bike on the center stand, engage the parking brake and press firmly on (and hold down) the rear brake pedal. Check that the rear wheel is still off the ground. Now start the bike in the normal manner. Hopefully the neutral indicator will show and you can rev the engine a little to confirm it is in neutral, while still keeping the rear brake pedal engaged. Obviously the rear wheel should not be spinning. Now, leaving the bike in neutral, release the brake lever and then the parking brake and watch to see if the rear wheel starts to turn slowly and whether the gear indicator turns to 1 from N. If it does, then this is what I would expect it to do as the bike is recognizing the rear wheel motion and so ensuring the engine is in gear. I don't know whether the speedometer is linked to the front wheel or the rear wheel or to some other measurement device, but the rear wheel has ABS and so the ABS will be sensing any motion of the rear wheel above walking speed. If some of the bikes sensors think the bike is moving, it makes sense it will want to be in gear since I very much doubt that you can switch the bike into neutral while driving (nor would I suggest attempting it). This would explain your experience of the bike shifting to 1 when you start it on the center stand with no brakes applied.
Let me know what transpires.

The 1st gear engaged both options. On center stand on when the wheel is on the ground.
I suppose that the speedometer is not connected to the front wheel cause in the center stand with gear is "running".
FInally the problem is on the switch. Part number 35135 MKW D12. N/D Switch
--COMMUTATEUR-POIGNEE-MIROIR-NC750XD-Honda-MOTO-750-NC-2021-NC750XDM-F_4_1.jpg

The 1st gear engaged both options. On center stand on when the wheel is on the ground.
I suppose that the speedometer is not connected to the front wheel cause in the center stand with gear is "running".
FInally the problem is on the switch. Part number 35135 MKW D12. N/D Switch
View attachment 48809
A vehicle speed sensor is threaded into the transmission case and this VSS picks up a signal from the rotating countershaft. The speedometer gets data from the VSS.

A vehicle speed sensor is threaded into the transmission case and this VSS picks up a signal from the rotating countershaft. The speedometer gets data from the VSS.
Not that it matters in regards to the discussion here, but I think it is interesting that the vehicle speed sensor is actually picking up the signal from the transmission input shaft. The gear it senses is paired with a fixed gear on the countershaft, so even though it is sensing a gear on the input shaft, it is still always proportional to rear wheel speed regardless of gear choice.

Take your battery connectors off and clean them up with steel wool and reconnect them good and tight. It may not be the solution but it costs nothing and about five minutes of your time and may keep you from chasing expensive fruitless solutions. I had this problem once and this procedure fixed it. I had a similar problem with my AT and I found that my terminal screw was a little too long and was bottoming out before squeezing down tight on all the connectors. Changed to an appropriate length screw and fixed the problem.

Last edited:
...FInally the problem is on the switch. Part number 35135 MKW D12.
I do not know if it means that you are convinced that the switch is broken? I don't see your comment that you tested this switch. This is quite simple and can even be done with a simple conductivity tester (probe). It might pay off. The switch assembly is not that cheap (in my understanding)?

After the switch replacement everything is o.k. As i know from other forums i wasn't the only one with this problem. The switch cost is about 170 € but i change it under warranty.
(sorry for my english and the delayed answer...)

Back