• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sport mode 6th gear

Wish they still made the VFR 1200F in the US. Would like a more dedicated tourer (fairing & weather protection). The 1200x seems like a v4 NC (which I can see would be attractive to many).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've found that there's not really one position I will leave my DCT in, and will change modes and even go into manual depending on traffic and speeds.

On one part of PCH the speed limit changes from 45-50-55. In D mode it felt like it was lugging, and in S-Mode it would be in too low a gear, like staying in 4th too long.
So I went into manual mode and cruised in 5th.

If my bike had a foot shifter I'm sure I'd use manual mode a lot more often. I don't use it very often as my fingers don't find the + - very easily.
The other day I missed having that foot shifter to help hold my foot down on the peg as I took off rather quickly from a stop.
Has anyone added one to their DCT?

I saw one on the Africa Twin at the bike show last month.

I've found that there's not really one position I will leave my DCT in, and will change modes and even go into manual depending on traffic and speeds.

On one part of PCH the speed limit changes from 45-50-55. In D mode it felt like it was lugging, and in S-Mode it would be in too low a gear, like staying in 4th too long.
So I went into manual mode and cruised in 5th.

If my bike had a foot shifter I'm sure I'd use manual mode a lot more often. I don't use it very often as my fingers don't find the + - very easily.
The other day I missed having that foot shifter to help hold my foot down on the peg as I took off rather quickly from a stop.
Has anyone added one to their DCT?

I saw one on the Africa Twin at the bike show last month.
There is no way I'd want a foot shifter after experiencing the freedom DCT offers by not having one. However, I cast no shadow on those that want one.

In order to feel more at home with the + and - paddles however I offer that if you use them for a few minutes every ride and ride often then muscle memory will write a program that soon will run without conscious thought but the brain has to be trained!

I've given this general advice to others many times mostly in regard to where the horn and turn signals are as the NC is non-traditional in location of these controls. However, it's in my wheelhouse again - the BMW RT I started riding recently has a non-traditional set up of turn signals and 1,800 miles into it I'm still having to consciously think where the buttons are. I know my brain is working on it though and by using a turn signal each and every turn the program is close to subconscious Run.exe format.

For those searching for the DCT Foot Shifter (08U70-MGS-J51), it is not available through US Dealers and most likely has to be ordered directly from Japan.

rc63-08u70-mgs-j51-1.jpg

I found the following information regarding the Foot Shifter a few years ago.

I found a mention of the Foot Shifter 08U70-MGS-J51 here on the Honda website.

I found pricing for the Change Pedal Kit Pricing here for about $178 at the current international exchange rates at that time. The pricing may vary now.

I hope this information is hopeful to those seeking this item.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about a foot shift for mine so I can put the horn button back where it's supposed to be.

Sport mode 3 is the most aggressive mode. Tap it down to Sport mode 1 and you should have no issues going into 6th.

Back