• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

spools for NC700x

The T-Rexstands rear spools brackets showed up yesterday and got around to installing them.

The Left side bracket is the one that has many people asking "will it fit?". Well, the thickness of the bracket on the inside of the swing arm is 2mm (measured with my calipers). This side of the bracket does not have the isolating hard rubber. Clearance between the bracket and sprocket hub is VERY close but does not rub. When I dig out the feeler gauges later I will update with actual clearance.

Overall very happy with the fit and looks. One tip for installation: use a soft rubber or plastic faced hammer to slide the brackets over the swing arm as they are a very close fit. Also, the spool mounting bolt has the job of pinching the bottom bracket together. Instead of just running in the bolt to pinch it, use a pair of water pump pliers to pinch the bottom ends together and then run in the 8mm bolt. The threads in aluminum are soft and you may bugger them up if the ends aren't parallel.

The kit comes with 2 washers on each side to space the spool out. The two washers had to be removed for use with my Trackside rear stand. The arms wouldn't adjust to that width.

Pics and measurements to follow once the weekend rain stops.

Your posting about the close tolerances on the T-Rexstand spool mounts brings back memories of past postings about potential problems. I'll be waiting to see your post about the actual clearances on your bike,
I think the MaddTraxx swing arm spool plates do not present any clearance problems. But I haven't tried them yet.
I'll post when I do.

Well, I had the opportunity to measure the clearance between the bracket and the hub. A whopping 0.05mm is the closest it gets to the hub.

Haven't had any issues on my daily 15 mile commute with mixed riding conditions.

Plan on taking a Sharpie to the face of the hub to see if there is any noticeable rubbing, but so far so good.

Hope this helps.

Well, I had the opportunity to measure the clearance between the bracket and the hub. A whopping 0.05mm is the closest it gets to the hub.

Haven't had any issues on my daily 15 mile commute with mixed riding conditions.

Plan on taking a Sharpie to the face of the hub to see if there is any noticeable rubbing, but so far so good.

Hope this helps.
This helps a lot. They sure didn't leave much room for error. Just a little twik could cause misalignment and some rubbing. :( Please keep us updated.
Thx
PCG

Spring 2016 update.

Had the opportunity to do a nice Spring cleaning on the NC a couple weeks back. The winter months took its tool on the bike appearance wise. After a bath and some polishing it looks good.

Totally forgot that the rear spools were on there. Lifting with the Trackside rear stand by the spools is sooo easy.

With these T-Rexstands mounted to the swing arm I can easily adjust the chain. IIRC, there was another style of spool adapters that mounted using the rear axle bolt. This would make adjusting the chain a bit more challenging since there is the weight of the bike on the spools. I have no experience with these, but maybe someone could provide some feedback.

Overall, very happy with them so far.....

On eBay, search for 'Dimotiv NC700X' and it'll turn up a bunch of Taiwanese made parts like this for the NC700X.

In particular, they have a bunch of rear spool options as well as other sliders and protection accessories.

As always, be wary of quality issues when ordering things like this.

Back