• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So here's the deal...

peergum

Reaction score
r-atw.com
I'm building a site, sphyn.com, to help people find cheap hosting when they travel anywhere in the world. Accessorily, the fees charged (minimal) will help me maintain the site and pay for the web hosting expenses, and also possibly progress with my travel around the world on the NC. I created a thread about it, some time ago, here.

This said, the key to success for that site is, to get both guests and hosts on it. So, as a sign of good faith and gratitude to the NC community on this site, I offer ANYONE who is a member of nc700-forum.com a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP on sphyn.com. What that means is, all site fees will be waived for you, forever. In other words, you will only pay your host if you're a traveler, and have no site charges if you're a host.

How to proceed?
  1. Go to the Sphyn Facebook page, at Sphyn | Facebook and like the page
  2. Go to sphyn.com and register (you can use Facebook, it's simpler)
  3. Confirm your email address by clicking the link you'll receive in your email (your access will be limited until that verification is done)
  4. PM me here your username on sphyn or the email address you used to register, and I'll update your membership to LIFE.
  5. (optionally) If you plan to host, what about registering an address with the features you plan to offer to your guests (simple tent-space works too, and you can offer it for free if you like!): click on "Addresses" or "Profile" in the top-right menu (then "Add a New Address"); don't forget to add biker-friendly features ;)

PS: I know this looks a bit like an ad, but the goal of my project is really to make things easier AND cheaper for travelers, following my disappointments with couchsurfing.com (efficiency), airbnb (price) and advrider's tent-space (hard to use), last year during my trip... which ended with me spending (too much) money in motels most of the time... And if you're worried I may end making money with that project, why not invest in it? ;)

Done!! What a great idea!! Hope it takes off!! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, same here :D
And thanks for registering!! Btw, if you want to host at your place, you need to check the "Hosting" option, which will allow you to enter the features you can offer to your guests (inclusive beer ;) ). Maybe it was not obvious... :/ you don't HAVE to host, though, just saying :) And yes, you're now a LIFE MEMBER! ;)

Thanks, same here :D
And thanks for registering!! Btw, if you want to host at your place, you need to check the "Hosting" option, which will allow you to enter the features you can offer to your guests (inclusive beer ;) ). Maybe it was not obvious... :/ you don't HAVE to host, though, just saying :) And yes, you're now a LIFE MEMBER! ;)

Would love to host but we don't have a yard and wife would have a fit having strangers inside the house especially when we have two little kids. Hoping to move and give back to travelers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making the deal even better. As informed on the Sphyn Facebook page (Sphyn | Facebook) we're now running a draw for a Sphyn t-shirt; all you have to do is register on sphyn.com and add an address to your account (hosting [visible] or not [private]), which will be used to send you the t-shirt if you're the winner. Read the details on the Sphyn Facebook page (or in the News section of the site itself). Any already registered member is in for the draw, obviously. And since we're really starting, chances to win are pretty HIGH ;)

For the note, T-shirt looks like this: 17309963_1334136589996180_1541885094444421146_o.jpg

Back