• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Short or Long Replacement Levers?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about replacing the stock brake and clutch levers on my 2012 NCX, want to be able to adjust the reach and learn to ride with 2 fingers on the levers and 2 on the grips.

Is there any reason not to go with short levers?

Thanks

belrix

I am thinking about replacing the stock brake and clutch levers on my 2012 NCX, want to be able to adjust the reach and learn to ride with 2 fingers on the levers and 2 on the grips.

Is there any reason not to go with short levers?

Thanks

belrix

Nah it's totally your preference. Some people love shortys some people prefer long ones. Either way just make sure that your brake light switch is actuated correctly! Good luck

2014 nc700x -Rox risers-22in madstad-barkbuster storms.

I wanted my levers closer, and went with cheap Chinese adjustable shorty's from eBay. I found that I usually use two fingers anyway, and if I didn't like them I wouldn't be out much. Now that I've had them for a couple months, I love em!

I wanted my levers closer, and went with cheap Chinese adjustable shorty's from eBay. I found that I usually use two fingers anyway, and if I didn't like them I wouldn't be out much. Now that I've had them for a couple months, I love em!

Exactly. make it easier for either thin summer gloves or bulky winter ones, Grip Puppies or regular grips, smaller hands or larger, and the levers are shaped right for doing more or less fingers. Really well made too.

If you can generate as much braking force with two fingers as four, then go with a shorty lever. My recollection is that shorty levers started with dirt/motocross bikes. It makes sense for dirt bikes, because it takes less braking force to lock up the front wheel on dirt, and a short brake lever is less likely to get tangled with another bike or the scenery. While I often only use a couple of fingers for stopping, I like the option of being able to use my whole hand when needed.

Dirt bike riders benefit from using less fingers because using some fingers for bar grip prevents surprises from the terrain.

Does anyone have a brand preference and that will actuate the brake switch properly? I need to replace my brake lever and was looking into the same thing, shorty or normal.

The 2014 model had a reach-adjustable front brake lever so I bought one to replace the non-adjustable lever on my 2013. :)

Back