• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Short inseam: how do you mount your NC?

I'm tall with no inseam problem, can flatfoot the bike with knees well bent....and I still find the easiest way to get on the bike is to climb on the left peg and use it as a step. Especially since I almost always park on the center stand.

With my short inseam, ain't "NO" way I could handle the centerstand being up. I could rock and roll all day trying to get the bike to come back down to earth off the center stand, as my feet would both be airborne. Besides, if somehow the bike came off the center stand, both the bike and I would be instantaneously lying on the ground back on the earth. There should be a law against tall people, so companies would start making adventure bikes with shorter seat heights.

Last edited:
I bought the NC version of the Utopia seat back and installed it myself. The cover and foam need to come off the rear seat and I had to restaple the cover...which I did with an inexpensive air stapler from Harbor Freight. I like having the adjustable seat back.
Getting on and off is a bit harder, but I'm tall. I do this weird mount move...have to think about it before describing it. I also use the left peg as a step and swing my right leg over the top box and seatback.

"I'm not sure how I get on the thing, but my brother about falls off his bike laughing at me ever time he sees it."

With my 29" inseam, here is what works for me. Stand next to the seat on kick stand side yet far enough away from bike so as to lean over enough away from the bike to throw you leg over the bike, looking toward front of the bike. Grab hand guard to support yourself as you lean over and tick your right leg over the seat between backrest and fake tank. Then slide the rest of your body parts onto the seat.

When you have a short inseam it does help to put a duck foot on your kickstand, else the NC7 turns over real easy with stock kickstand.

geton.jpg

Duck Foot.jpg

Last edited:
Left foot on the ground and me facing the side of the bike, bringing right foot heel first over the bike at the rider portion of the seat, versus the passenger section. (Same thing in reverse to dismount, but it can take a little backwards hop on the left foot, to clear the bike with the right foot)

Although I'm not short (5'11, 32 inseam) I have very little flexibility, whenever I've had a bike loaded up the above is the best way for me to get on and off.
I wouldn't fancy using the sidestand to take my weight (12 stone/168 lbs) every time I got on or off.

I always park my bike on the center stand. I have a 30" inseam so I obviously have to mount the bike in a "other than normal" method. The bike is so stable on the center stand that I step on the left footpeg with my left foot and step up as if climbing a ladder and throw my right leg over the bike. Be aware that once you sit down all the weight shifts to the back of the bike and your handle bars will turn on thier own. If I just pull off the highway for gas she goes on the side stand. I mount the standard way by throwing my right leg over. My foot catches the seat sometimes but that is primarily because I wear big boots. I'm also always running panniers and top case. This makes it a bit tougher.

Parked mine on asphalt in warm weather on center stand. Came out and center stand sunk into asphalt to the point of putting some weight on rear wheel. Bugger to get it off center stand sunk in asphalt. Bought a duck foot like OCR's and always park on side stand in summer on asphalt.

I always park my bike on the center stand. I have a 30" inseam so I obviously have to mount the bike in a "other than normal" method. The bike is so stable on the center stand that I step on the left footpeg with my left foot and step up as if climbing a ladder and throw my right leg over the bike. Be aware that once you sit down all the weight shifts to the back of the bike and your handle bars will turn on thier own. If I just pull off the highway for gas she goes on the side stand. I mount the standard way by throwing my right leg over. My foot catches the seat sometimes but that is primarily because I wear big boots. I'm also always running panniers and top case. This makes it a bit tougher.

Then what?, put it in gear and ride off the centre Stand?

Then what?, put it in gear and ride off the centre Stand?

I could but basically while standing on the pegs I rock the bike forward and the center stand colapses. Be sure to have the side stand up. It's kind of a one,two three and boom she drops. Quite easy.

FECK THAT! ain't you scared of collapsing and ending up in a pile on the ground like some kind of mangled NCX/Human hybrid?

FECK THAT! ain't you scared of collapsing and ending up in a pile on the ground like some kind of mangled NCX/Human hybrid?

I'm not that high up. LOL! I bet there are several people that use this same method. Watch this video at the 1:55 mark. I do the same thing but stand up on the pegs. Simple.

[video=youtube_share;t6TGuO03wHM]http://youtu.be/t6TGuO03wHM[/video]

I've only got a 29" inseam, I always get my bikes off the centerstand while on them. It feels to me that having a leg on either side makes it easier to balance if it were to lean to one side when it drops off the stand, I don't really like trying to catch it from the side. I've been doing it that way so long I didn't even think about doing it any other way.

I could but basically while standing on the pegs I rock the bike forward and the center stand colapses. Be sure to have the side stand up. It's kind of a one,two three and boom she drops. Quite easy.

What I do too, on all my bikes with centre stands, since forever :D

We need to make a video of you mounting and post it on here.. these pics are good... but a video would remove any questions on the procedure. As many times as you get on your NCX OCR, you have the mounting procedure down pat!

We need to make a video of you mounting and post it on here.. these pics are good... but a video would remove any questions on the procedure. As many times as you get on your NCX OCR, you have the mounting procedure down pat!

I will try an make a video this week, before I leave to Mexico - Baja and Copper Canyon on Sunday.

Getting On & Off the NC700X

For those who are vertically challenged (30" inseam) like myself and use a hard top box and side cases, in my particular situation the Honda hard cases, does anyone routinely get on and off their bike by first stepping onto the left foot peg with their left foot (with the bike on the side stand), then swing their right foot over the cases? I've tried this only once and thought things were a tad unstable, but that may be due to not having done it often enough to get use to it. During last year's ride to Sturgis there were a few mornings that joint stiffnes made getting on and off my motorcycle a real challenge. Short of getting North Korean dictator 4" lifts put on my boots I'm considering making getting on/off my bike as stated in the beginning of this post standard practice, but would like to hear if anyone else out there uses this method routinely. And no, I do not plan on lowering the bike, nor modifying the seat beyond the Corbin I've already invested in - thanks ahead of time for your input.

Back