• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD 3P brackets for SH35 side cases and mounting problems

lucalazio

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have a 2021 NC750X and I would mount the SHAD SH35 side cases with 3P brackets but I read this 3P system has problems with the Honda original rack.
I mounted on my 2021 the 2020 black rack because I preferred the color and the look.
Is there anyone who has mounted it?
The problem could be the minimum space between the black rack and the grey plastic under the seat.
Did you have this problem?
Do you have photos of your SH35 mounted with this 2020 black rack?
Thank you so much and bye, Luca.

Attachments

• InkedNCblu_LI.jpg
    InkedNCblu_LI.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Okay, I did!

The only problem is the distance between the SHAD bracket and the plastic of the bike.

The SHAD nut is deeper than this distance and touches the plastic.

How could I solve this serious problem?

Thanks and hello Luca.

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_112345.jpg
    IMG_20220605_112345.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 45
I'll let you know in a couple days, if I had issues mounting the 3P on my 2021.
I've only been waiting for 14 weeks or them to come in, and they'll be here tomorrow.
The 36l Carbon Fiber cases have been taunting me, every time I walk into the Garage.

Well. Installation complete.
Had to deal with Four different Fitment issues.

First, as you said, the Top Mount Bracket does indeed sit on top of the Plastic of the Side Deco Fairing.
I installed a small strip of rubber between the metal and the plastic to prevent scratching and fracturing.
2022-06-16 Shad Case Install - Top Front Clearance.jpg

Next, the space between the bike and the upper front 3P mount plate is too narrow, and yes, as you said, the Screw drives into the plastic.
I again, inserted a strip of rubber between the nut head and plastic on the bike.
But I also inserted two washers between the Bolt ahead and the 3P mount plate, so the Bolt doesn't stick out the end of the nut... too much.
2022-06-16 Shad Case Install - Top Front Bolt.jpg

Next, Both Lower Mounting Points are about 1/2" too low. This required two modifications, one for each side.
The left side, I simply added a Nut between the mount plate and the foot peg, to take up the extra space.
2022-06-16 Shad Case Install - Left Lower Mount.jpg

The Right side, I place the 3P into position, and marked, then drilled a new hole to bolt too.
2022-06-16 Shad Case Install - Exhaust Mount.jpg

All in all, about 2hrs or tweaking, drilling, mounting and oogling.

These are holding the 36L Composite's. They look good from the side, but they sure stick out. I wager, almost as far as the Mirrors.
2022-06-16 Shad Case Install - Side View.jpg

Might have to order as of smaller ones for daily travel, keep the big ones for those trips I plan (but never take).

Anyway. I hope this helps other with the Shad 3P mounts.

Chuck

My "2018" 3P mounts were likewise oversized. I had to modify, cut/reweld the the mounts. I also used a Dremmel tool very sparingly on the NC hand rail bottoms so everything would fit. They came out pretty nice, tucked in very close to the body. Actually a small job. If you have welding skills the provided brackets can be modified to fit quite nicely. You have to be ok with them not being parallel with the long axis of the bike, otherwise they stick way out and look kind of half-assed. I can't imagine the Honda rack would be too hard to modify as well. I'm sure the '21 is a bit different than my '18...but can't be that much. And the fixes are likely similar.
IMG_6390.jpgIMG_6404.jpgIMG_2325.jpgIMG_6400.jpg

Last edited:
...Next, Both Lower Mounting Points are about 1/2" too low. This required two modifications, one for each side.
The left side, I simply added a Nut between the mount plate and the foot peg, to take up the extra space.
View attachment 49650

The Right side, I place the 3P into position, and marked, then drilled a new hole to bolt too.
View attachment 49651

All in all, about 2hrs or tweaking, drilling, mounting and oogling.

Thanks Chuck for your tips about SHAD bags installation.
It's the first time I read about the lower mounting points problems.
Normally the problem is only in the upper zone.
The other friends lock the mounitng points with no modifications... :rolleyes:
Bye, Luca.

Sorry Chuck, I tried to mount the lower mounting points and I had your same problems!!!
I can't believe it!
I suspect this product is not for our NC750X 2021.
Why I have to modify the product?
Why it is difficult to easy mount?
Thanks and bye, Luca.

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_161400.jpg
    IMG_20220617_161400.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220617_164052.jpg
    IMG_20220617_164052.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220617_170546.jpg
    IMG_20220617_170546.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 27
Sorry Chuck, I tried to mount the lower mounting points and I had your same problems!!!
I can't believe it!
I suspect this product is not for our NC750X 2021.
Why I have to modify the product?
Why it is difficult to easy mount?
Thanks and bye, Luca.
Well, We can probably put a little responsibility on Honda and a little on SHAD.
Honda make Minor Improvements every year.
But if SHAD wants to say this is built for the 2021 NC750X, then they need to Dry fit the product, to confirm the Drawings they may... or may not have gotten from Honda, are accurate.
Or, maybe they wait for us "Paying Product Test Engineers" to provide the information they need, to modify the product as a Running Change.
Either way, this is what I come to expect from "After Market"... unfortunately.
If it actually fits, then I got More than I bargained for.

On a side not, ran 160 miles yesterday with the case. Can't really tell they are even there.
Of course, we were only averaging 50-60MPH in the mountains outside of San Diego, no Freeway speeds.
Still was able to do the 160 on only 3/4 a tank of gas, so at those speeds, not too much of a performance hit.
I think what did it, was half-way through, my Nephew's Passenger was moved to my NC750.
Now That had an impact on pick-up speed, but didn't affect my corning .-)>

Good Luck Luca.

Maybe someone should call out Shad for this problem. If contacted, they might have some helpful hints or they may have come up with a fix (bracket extension or something). Totally agree though, we should not be test mules.

I called and writed to them. They say is the Top Master Honda the problem so I tried to dismount it and mount the original handles.
I write them today this mail:
"Hola,
as you asked me, I removed the Top Master Honda and put the handles back on.
I also tried without anything, that is your brackets alone and in both cases the space between the brackets and the plastic of the bike does not allow the passage and fixing of the self-locking nut, its washer and the bolt that must go beyond the nut. .
ALWAYS it should touch and plastics of the bike.
I don't know if it is clear from the photo, but with the handles NOTHING CHANGES compared to the Top Master Honda.
Also because the holes on the frame where the brackets are to be fixed are always the same and in that position ...
Reading in various forums and Facebook groups all over the world it seems that ONLY with your Top Master H0NT75ST there are no problems, if not that of having the suitcases too far from the bike, and this is because your Top Master unlike the H0NC71IF has the support that moves further away from the side plastics of the bike.
It was enough to produce the 3P SYSTEM relays (art. Nos. 261947 and 261948) with the exact same measurements and it would have gone well on all NC750X 2021!
Let me know what you think, it would be useful to modify the aforementioned articles to have TOTAL compatibility with any Top Master mounted.
And in any case, FOR COMMERCIAL FAIRNESS it would have been useful, and perhaps mandatory, to put a well-highlighted warning on the site and at all dealers that the H0NC71IF item could not be mounted with the Honda Top Master.
I also bought the SH35 bags for over 450 €, I have to leave next week and I DO NOT have the bags on the bike: CRAZY!
If I had read it on your site I would not have bought SHAD and now I would have beautiful bags already assembled.
I look forward to receiving your reply, thank you and cordially greet you, Luca"
I hope the translator is good.
What do you think about this affair?
Thanks and bye, Luca.

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_172116.jpg
    IMG_20220621_172116.jpg
    911.1 KB · Views: 28
Did anyone here fit the 3P mount on a 2022 model? I purchased one but still haven't received my new bike so I can't comment on the fitment. As nice as the SH36 is, I'm very concerned that the fitment of the mounts will be an issue. Wouldn't you think SHAD would do a better job of making sure it would fit? Kinda damages there reputation.

Last Saturday, I installed support brackets for the Shad 58X top box, and 3P side cases. Earlier in this thread fitment issues were mentioned. I just wanted to let everyone know mine fit perfectly. All hardware was included, welds were excellent and paint perfect. Be sure to order the correct attachments for your machine. That's the only issue I think can cause issue with install.

Okay, I did!

The only problem is the distance between the SHAD bracket and the plastic of the bike.

The SHAD nut is deeper than this distance and touches the plastic.

How could I solve this serious problem?

Thanks and hello Luca.
I fitted the Shad 3p frame for panniers to my 21, I just reversed the bolt closest to the plastic. Difficult to then tighten the bolt, but I managed it ok.

I have three pictures that show the clearance on both sides. I have at least 1/4" of air space between the end of the bolt and the body panel. When I attached the brackets under the grab rails, I pulled them as far out as the holes would allow. I also included all the washers that were included. Mine fit perfectly. Could it be the body panel on your machine is different from my 2023?

Attachments

• Shad Clearance Left.jpg
    Shad Clearance Left.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Shad clearance Right.jpg
    Shad clearance Right.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Shad Brackets.jpg
    Shad Brackets.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 26
I have a question regarding the Shad SH36 side cases. I already have the 3P system installed but haven’t purchased the cases yet. My wife loves to ride with me but is worried having those cases it will interfere with her ability to get on and off the bike, and will make it more uncomfortable to ride.
Those of you that have the SH36 model, your feedback is needed.

I have a question regarding the Shad SH36 side cases. I already have the 3P system installed but haven’t purchased the cases yet. My wife loves to ride with me but is worried having those cases it will interfere with her ability to get on and off the bike, and will make it more uncomfortable to ride.
Those of you that have the SH36 model, your feedback is needed.
I’ve don’t have the same problem because my wife is not pillion material! I think they will probably make her feel more secure with the panniers fitted. For her to get on the bike I’d suggest - with you on the bike supporting it, then she puts her foot on rear foot peg and step up cocking her other leg over and reverse for getting off, you will obviously have to be prepared to support her weight. Good luck.

I’ve don’t have the same problem because my wife is not pillion material! I think they will probably make her feel more secure with the panniers fitted. For her to get on the bike I’d suggest - with you on the bike supporting it, then she puts her foot on rear foot peg and step up cocking her other leg over and reverse for getting off, you will obviously have to be prepared to support her weight. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply Rich, My wife has ridden many times but is very concerned the cases will interfere with he mounting and dismounting as well as interfering with her legs. She mounts the bike as you describe. If anyone has the actual experience with their pillion rider, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I have the Givi trekker cases, and my wife cannot get on and off the bike with them on, Luckily, they go on and off easily, and I leave them off unless I am going shopping or am on a multi day trip. On my ST1300, the panniers are just far enough back to allow easy access for the pillion, and their feet!

I have the Givi trekker cases, and my wife cannot get on and off the bike with them on, Luckily, they go on and off easily, and I leave them off unless I am going shopping or am on a multi day trip. On my ST1300, the panniers are just far enough back to allow easy access for the pillion, and their feet!
Thank for the info Klap. I'm going to look on youtube to see what these Trekker cases look like I already have the 3P mounts on My NC750CX and the Shad SH36 look like they will be ok to clear my wife's legs. She wants to be sure before I spend the $$ as she normally rides with me.

Back