• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Self cancelling turn-signal mod

Has anyone implemented a self cancelling turn-signal mod. I am thinking of getting one of these for obvious reasons.

SM-3R - signalMinder

signalMinder

It can be done at a 1/10th of the price. Just get a timer relay. Don't mind the language, just watch and you'll get the idea.
[video=youtube;Va6DRwrHHV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va6DRwrHHV4[/video]

The fun part is getting rid of the detent in the switch. I have had them on several BMW's but not on the Honda. If you use all of the features, they are not a bad value. I have had a couple of them simply die on me over the years. Not very comforting considering what they cost. If all I was going to use was the auto-cancel, I'd just continue to try to train myself. I'm fighting an uphill battle as we old codgers seem to always be the ones driving down the road with our signals flashing.

ETA: They also provide the conversion to electronic timer that you would need for LED indicators.

It can be done at a 1/10th of the price. Just get a timer relay. Don't mind the language, just watch and you'll get the idea.
[video=youtube;Va6DRwrHHV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va6DRwrHHV4[/video]

Fascinating, I never even knew those kind existed, how cool! :D

With an interval timer, you still have to defeat the mechanical latch and sometimes provide spring return to center.

With an interval timer, you still have to defeat the mechanical latch and sometimes provide spring return to center.

Maybe it is possible to mod stock switch not to latch in left or right positions, so it will only send an impulse and timer relay do the work!

Maybe it is possible to mod stock switch not to latch in left or right positions, so it will only send an impulse and timer relay do the work!

The Kisan Signalminder instructions tell you how to do that. I think they also provide return springs.

Back