• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seeking: Heated grips, adjustable windshield, centerstand

I added all three. Bought in Sept 2019 with 33K miles, currently have 51K miles and running great.

1. Center Stand - oem from a local or online Honda dealer will run around $120? - for install you MUST use a ratchet strap to compress the spring - lots of videos online.

2. Heated Grips - I bought a brand called Bike Master on amazon for about $35 - worked great, zero issues except one wire got pinched from the handlebar stop - repaired and rerouted wire back in business. Only complaint: 1. intended to be run direct to battery - tiny power use and no relay needed but if you like running through a master relay for all added accessories like I do each time power is cut off it looses its heat setting and only has one button that has to be clicked a bunch of times. Solution: run direct to battery and set minimum volts to 13v so when bike turned off no power draw. Second benefit: Bike master controller displays voltage which is nice. CONS: It is always a pain to add wiring and you must cut your old grips off AND they are a little thicker than stock grips - good or bad depends on your hand size.

3. madstad windscreen: Cost around $270? with shipping in 2019. Main complaint the bottom half is "frosted" which looks cool at night but as headlight hits it but makes it harder to see road. I think they stopped offering frost but if the do avoid it. PROS: Made to order in a small shop in the USA, can but replacement or extra shield without the hardware and custom tint, height. tool-less adjusters for height and tilt work fine even with 4 years of use. CONS: "It will be easy to install it's just a windshield" NOPE! tons of screws and some parts it is difficult to figure out upside down right side up and is it left or right side - so much better if parts had a little sticker. This includes washers, bushings, etc. TIP: I went with the shortest standard length ~ 18" ?? and it was not quite tall enough so I bought a windshield Extension for $32 on amazon it is adjustable but the biggest benefit is at night in fog you can look through the opening between the two shields and see the road clearly - same for oncoming traffic headlights.

4. Crash bars - are a must. I went with the R-Gaza ~ $270? with shipping from Russia or when available on Amazon. NOTE: I modified the R-Gaza crash bars which are powder-coated steel (steel is easy to weld) and I welded on angle-iron not yet painted in the picture.

5. Highly recommend aftermarket driving lights aka Spot lights - NOT FOG LIGHTS. This is a tight beam pattern that projects light at a distance. TIP don't go too bright as in off-road. I recommend 2 to 3X the lumens of brightness of a normal street legal bulb. Mine are like 5X? and that is really too bright. Also, fog light need to be mounted LOW but Driving lights need to be mounted HIGH - the higher the better. Zoom in to the picture and you will see the spot lights near the chrome of the fork upper tube.

6. 48 liter top case - greatest thing ever. I have Givi but would look at other brands - don't like the locking system and had to paint due to sun fade and lube, repair a crack in the hinge etc - it's 12 years old!

Attachments

• 44_Mission Beach Sunset - sm.jpg
    44_Mission Beach Sunset - sm.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back